+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Getting 18mth old to sleep without the screaming?

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any advice. DD has been going to sleep and settling herself for months now, ith maybe a few hiccups very now and then. Usually we ask her if she wants to go Night night and she grabs her teddy and will go into her cot fine.But now for about the last 2 weeks she shakes her head and starts t whinge. In the end we have to take her up to bed as we are tired from our 12 week old, this usually around 9.30 - 10.30, so we put her in the cot and she screams for ages, I hate hearing it, i try to let it go for as long as possible, but in the end I cant sleep so I bring her out and put her into our bed, or if weve done it earlier in the night she just comes back downstairs with us. Does anyone have any advice? It is quite difficult to do controlled crying, because I dont like it, my DP works some evenings and I have a young baby that I am breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wonder if you could sit with her in the dark(her in her cot) and you on the floor or a chair with bub....while you feed the little one...she might just need to know that you are there for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How has she adapted to having a new bub in the house? Perhaps she needs some one on one time with you. Can you make a special night time routine with her where you read together on the couch then go to bed?

Is she having too much sleep and not tired at night? Or could she be over tired and need to have an earlier bed time?

There are tonnes of settling without CC tips on the Dr Sears web site www.askdrsears.com

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hey

May i have a personal question? counld u sent me your email address?My email is heybabylover@gmail.com, thx, man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she may be overtired, as she hardly ever naps during the day. Since my first post Ive picked a bed time and ive stuck to it. The first night I let her cry for a while and then went back in cuddled her, settled her down and left, she cried for a little longer and then she fell asleep, she still cries when we put her to bed, but it seems to get shorter, so hopefully the crying will stop all together soon. Thanks for your advice. heybabylover My email is kristie.sean@hotmail.com