+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning sickness and you

Hey girls,

Just doing some more research so I know what to expect if/when I get one of those wonderful BFP. I've heard that morning sickness affects everyone in different ways, which makes sense considering we're not all the same.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone like me who doesn't throw up when sick (it goes the other way) am I likely to throw up with morning sickness, or will my body react the same?

I hate throwing up (of course no one is going to say it's their favourite thing to do) and haven't vomited since for as long as I can remember, so I'm wondering if I'll be able to keep that trend going throughout morning sickness. Is anyone else out there like me and doesn't vomit when everyone else is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very rarely sick...I think I've had gastro twice in my life, incl childhood. I was also wondering when I fell pregnant if that would follow suit, and sure enough while I felt nauseaus at times in the first trimester, I never once !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've actually developed a bit of motion sickness. When I'm eating, if in the car, I start getting really really spewie.

I haven't really been feeling nauseas as such.. just sudden spewies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy!
    I usually don't get sick either, mine is the other way too! TMI!
    But when I was preggers, I just was nauseas 24-7! It was a yuck feeling let me tell you! But I didn't ever throw up! And it lasted for about 9 weeks. Then the rest of the pregnancy, every now and then something would still make me feel like that! And even after I had the baby, I still get a bit nauseas with certain things! Bizarre hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Never experienced MS with any of mine...Yes I do count myself lucky, and really sympathise with those that do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had all-day-getting-worse-in-the-evenings sickness with all three pregnancies, but I didn't throw up.

To be honest, there were times when I would have loved to heave, as I'm sure I would have felt better for it.

What helped me was:
    weak spearmint tea
    ginger beer, especially one called Traveleasy which had ginger and peppermint, designed for motion sickness
    Martin and Pleasance Tissue Salts Comb-S for upset stomach from the health food shop (but only when dissolved in warm water, not chewed)
    lots of citrus fruit
    foods with a decent protein content
    sour fruit flavoured preggie pops

but what works for one person won't necessarily work for others

Pegasus is offline and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The bad news is that even if you don't throw up you can still feel like throwing up. That was me for my first pregnancy. I don't usually throw up but often wished I did - thinking that would make it pass. Second time round I had the same sickness, but also threw up a couple of times.

As others have said, you may strike it lucky and not get sick at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate throwing up and normally I will avoid it even if its a stomache wog! (I dont get sick often though).
    With my first I had a week of vomiting, but about 8 weeks of nausea.
    I have all day sickness with this pregnancy. I have vomited a few times a day every day for over a month. (Im 11 weeks and its only now just starting to ease up).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had all day all afternoon and all night morning sickenss with ds...I threw up nearly every day from 6 weeks to after 20 weeks. It would have been ok if i felt better after but NOPE just continualy felt sick - to the point i just couldnt move! WAsnt fun at all but you forget about it all once you feel better...and the end result is well worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With my first I felt sick (kind of like a hangover) constantly, but didn't throw up.

With the second, felt sick and threw up daily for 8 months!!! The first two weeks and the last two weeks were the only time without

But I have to say, once I threw up, I felt much better and was able to get on with my day.