+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Scared new mum

Hi all,

Just signed on to the forum. I am a brand new mum with a 2 week old daughter... Layla Grace.

I am a single parent (not by choice) 25 years of age. My child was accidentally conceived but if I could do it all over again, I would change NOTHING! She is absolutely beautiful and I am so lucky to have someone so special to share my life with. I call her my mini-me!

I live alone but are surrounded by supportive and wonderful neighbours. I also have my parents close by and they are so so so supportive and fantastic! I am very, very lucky and very blessed.

I am on here to find out how other mums are coping and to hear about all the other stories. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Love Brooke

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Welcome Aboard

Welcome Brooke And Congrats On Baby Layla.you'll Be Fine.you Sound Like You've Got Your Head Screwed On Right.if You Ever Need To Chat We Are All Here For You.thats What This Forum Is All About.take Care And I Hope To See You Around From Time To Time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mama

Congrats Brooke and welcome Layla!

Being a new mom is a whole new experience no matter what your circumstances. I had my first child @ 21 and was so scared about everything...so don't worry we all start where you are and grow...that's the best thing...we all grow from the experience.
    Its good that you have your 'support network'around and I know you'll find this fourm and the daily support you get, a great help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I'm a 27year old stay-at-home mum of 2 boys - Kai (7) and Josh (9 months).

I joined just the other day but I'm already addicted!

We have moved around alot since Kai was born - we've lived in 8 different houses in fact. Everywhere from Alice Springs to Brisbane to Albury to the east coast of NSW.

We're currently living in Emerald Beach, which is 15km up the Pacific Highway from Coffs Harbour. My family is a 2 hour drive away.

I'm pretty used to coping on my own (due to all our moves) but DH works in a town 3/4 hour drive away and takes our only car for work every day. It's not like I can just walk into town from here!

I've struggled with the isolation of it all and it was getting me down.

However, I've got to say that being able to read everyone's stories and share my own (and have people actually interested in it) makes me feel much less alone and has made a huge difference!!

So thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi brooke, welcome to bubhub and congratulations on the birth of your beautiful new bubba, i love the name layla, very pretty. im so glad that you are seeing your glass half full instead of half empty, i always try to do the same, like you said, you have a gorgeous healthy new daughter, supportive loving people around you and a warm comfy home to raise your daughter, you are indeed very blessed. all my good wishes go out to you and your new bubba