+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 16 single and pregnant

Hi im Charlie and im 28weeks pregnant tomorrow. Im expecting a little girl who im naming Catlyn Jasmine. I can't wait for her to be here in the world. Im so exctied, but unfortunatley me and her dad are no longer together. Im 16 and her dad is 17 but he left me even before he knew i was pregnant, when i did tell him, he hit me in the stomach and then started demanding i have an abortion, i was so glad when i went to the docs after being hit they said everything was fine. Im not going to hide my age its not ideal bein pregnant at 16 but it happened and im taking responsibility for it and going to give my baby the best life i can. Looking to chat to any other mums.
    Last edited by Chickadee; 05-05-2008 at 09:51. Reason: remove image link

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on your pregnancy Charlie.
    I was a single mum at 16 and Im testament that age has nothing to do with being a good parent, and no-one in here will judge you based on your age.
    There are a couple of other young single mummas here too.

It sounds like you want to do the very best for you daughter and that is the first step in being a great parent.
    As for her father - well, some men just cant handle responsibility, and it sounds like you are better off without him anyway.

Welcome and best of luck.

Shannon
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hey

Im sandra i got pg at the same age n was 17 by the tims DS was born hes now one and i wouldnt change it for the world

Pm me if you ever wanna char or add me on msn or something??

you are very brave and should be very proud of yourseld

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi and welcome to our lovely supportive section. One of the best things about this forum is that you dont need to hide your age, we are all supportive of each other no matter what. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope to get to know you better around the boards. Feel free to ask anything you need to know, we are all here to support each other and provide a shoulder during the hard times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi summersun & welcome! I'm an "old" mum, 43 next month, I have an 18yo dd, 16yo ds and 23mth old dd. I split with my partner about 2 mths ago but was also a single mum with my older two for a few years before that. You'll be a great mum, kids dont need their dad around to be loved, happy and healthy. Do you have support from family and friends? How's the nursery going? I love baby shopping hehe I didnt find out the sex of the first two but I did with my last dd, only thing was a friend of mine was told she was having a girl and had a boy so I was too scared to go and and buy a heap of girl stuff just in case! You've come to the right place to have other mums to chat to, look forward to talking to you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey and Welcome

You will not get a single ounce of judgment on here, congratulations on bubs

I was pregnant at 17.

if you'd like to chat pm me for my MSN address

hope to chat with you soon
    Last edited by Chickadee; 05-05-2008 at 10:09. Reason: see warning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi,
    congragulations, age does'nt make any difference in the kind of mother you will be, I had my daughter when i was 33 and there are plenty of bad mums in my age group my mum had me when she was 17 and she was the best mum ever, i am sure you will be a fantastic mum and we are all happy to help with any questions you may have, no matter how silly you might think it is. Good luck
    Kelly

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello and welcome! glad to hear of your good news and i hope all goes well with the remaining pregnancy! like the others said, age has nothing to do with how good of a parent you are, and I am sure you will be a wonderful mum! it's great to know that you are owning up to the responsibility, it sounds like you are a very mature person.

congrats and good luck once again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou very much.

A few of my freinds have been very very supportive, and are being wonderful, and even keep coming with me shopping for baby stuff, and we still have more to do. Unfortunalty some have not acted in the same way and a few of them have called me all the names under the sun, but ive just ignore it and know that im doing whats i see right and not what they see right. My parents havent been the best either i know it must have been a big shock for them me telling them when 15 i was pregnant, but i dont think they needed to say some of the things they did, like that the baby would not be cared for properly etc. Luckly however they have said i can stay living there but i am hoping when Catlyn is here and a little bit older to move out.
    Last edited by summersun; 05-05-2008 at 00:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, welcome.

Everyone is very supportive of each other here so don't worry about judgement.

I love the name you chose! It's gorgeous!

I'm a single Mummy too, I have Ali who just turned one and I'm newly pregnant with baby number two.

Hope you enjoy it round here!