+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aylaah!
    I'm using patches + chewing gum (to freshen my mouth and get me away from the idea of needing anything else)..

I thought about cutting down but I knew I wasn't strong enough to do that and stick to it.. so the only thing for me to do is to give them up altogether - I'm an all or nothing person.. I can't have half-half, as much as I try.

It's hard, specially when I see someone have a drink and a smoke.. or a smoke outside a shopping centre.. on in the car next to me at the traffic lights.. But instead of thinking "I can't have one.." I remind myself of the reason why I can't have one.. Tell myself "I can't have one, BECAUSE it will end up killing me!"

Some are very lucky to get through life with no problems caused by smoking.. however few there may be of them.. However I just know I'll be one of the unlucky ones who end up on a respirator, lung transplant or a treaciotomy.. It's just the way it goes.

So yea I'm a little unhappy that I can't have a ciggie sometimes at the moment, though this is my decision and I'm doing it for a longer, less painful life.

Best luck Aylaah! Let me know how you're going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    im on day 5... and am rarely thinking about smoking, and when i do its just a passing thought.. like i finish eating and think time for a smoke, then remember i dont

day 3 was hard for me, i was pretty tempted to cave in.. but i thought about it, if i really liked smoking why was i quitting for, and figured it was just the nicotine addiction making its death call.. think ive got it beaten now..

im not using any substitute, no patches, not even normal gum.. but i am eating a bit more, but figure its ok cause im pg...

sadly i dont feel great, i have ms all day long, so havent been able to enjoy using my lungs yet... makes it hard to find quitting enjoyable, but its also a great reason to lay down and not clean too

i did read allen carrs book a while ago, but guess i wasnt ready then, but its great to think back on it now.. anyway, me and dh are flying through.. we just refuse to buy them..

Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Smoking During Pregnancy Study

Researchers from the University of Tasmania are conducting research into the factors that influence smoking during pregnancy.

The researchers need participants aged 18 years and over who are pregnant and current smokers.
    Participants will not be required to quit, or attempt to quit smoking

Participants who complete our short (approx. 15 minute) survey, go into a draw to win an iPod.

Click here to complete the survey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not a big smoker and happy to see this thread to stop the smoking its better for many people to quit smoking otherwise it could be very danger for him/her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has been going for ages! Are people still reading...?
    I'm new to the bubhub. We are preparing for trying and the smoking is the last thing on the list for both of us. Mon - Fri I smoke just two per day in the evening. Weekends I smoke about 5 per day. I can't cut down any lower than this on my own. I'm going to see my GP and get something!! I find talking about smoking makes me want to smoke. So I thought talking/reading about getting "baby ready healthy" might be more motivating Here goes....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree to you ronniewilliams that it's really better to stop smoking cause it's danger
    to our health.And I would like to share that as I read the news last month 35,000 of people every year was died causing with cigarette smoking....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if people are still following this topic - but hopefully someone is and we can help encourage each other with our quitting journeys!!

I am 27 and getting ready to TTC. I also have PCOS, so getting my body as baby ready as possible is really important to me (not that it wouldn't be if I didn't have pcos).

I spoke to my GP on Monday and have started Zyban today. We have set my quit date as Monday 25th July, and I am going to see my FS on Mon 8th August - hopefully 2 weeks smoke free!!

Anyway i'll leave it there... good luck to us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

My quit date is 1st of november 2011. Need to do it as I really want another bub

I'm trying those e ciggerettes nicotine free- hope they work

Thanks
    Reviews
    &BabyMakes3 how are you going? I can completely understand how it would be hard with your mum there, my fiancé smokes about 20 a day and it's so hard when someone is always going out to smoke!
    Im really glad there is this topic here, hopefully it can get going again as I'd love some support. Deffinnately don't need to be told how disgusting smoking is or how bad it is for my family, if I didn't know that I wouldn't hate myself everyday for doing it. I think a little positive support and kind words would be great thinking about setting a date and cutting down daily until then.
    is there anyone else out there trying to quit? Quitting buddies would be great for accountability!!!!