+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Arrow Quit Smoking Support Group

A nice shiny thread for you all to chat away and offer support, encouragement and advice to each other on your journey.
    Best wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    i want to quit smoking, hoping to start tommorrow, i want to do it cold turkey but gradually cut down over a few days, and just keep myself busy, my house will be spotless i bet!!
    wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    oh wow cool thanks

I may not have quit like I Said I would
    But at least ive cut down alot! (like 3 a day)

But Im watching my steps as I know its easy to slip back into smoking more (dont think it will happen though to be honest) so this thread will be a big help

DivinelySophistimicated is offline Hrmmm....The beauty that lies within *a blessing*-my day will come soon
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Today is really hard...I wanted to go cold turkey but instead I have had 3 half smokes....which isnt too bad as id normally have 6 or so by now...

I think cutting down over teh week then Saturday will be D day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent had any today as yet, Im going to meet my bestie who smokes now, so Im hoping I dont feel the urge. Its been almost 24hrs since my last smoke.
    Sending everyone so many good luck vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i know its hard i did it cold turkey and also stopped drinking alchoal at the same time. As i would have a smoke when i had a drink
    You girls can do it

i hope you can achive your goal of not smoking trust me you will feel so much better for doing so.

wishing you all the best in quitting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    to all of us for giving ouselves a chance at a happier healthier wealthier future!!

17 days till D-day for me!! I chose the 17th of May as my quit date, as it gives me a chance to start making some changes to my "trigger habits" before then! I realised that there are certain things I do, that are ALWAYS accompanied by a smoke!!

so..........

No more smoking inside!! Cut down on the coca-cola! No smoking in the car! And try to delay myself when I feel a craving coming on.

I'm getting there! I have cut down so far to 10 a day (I ration them) And I'm following the rules above!

Good Luck everyone!! I aim to be a fitter, healthier, smoke free me by my birthday!!

DivinelySophistimicated is offline Hrmmm....The beauty that lies within *a blessing*-my day will come soon
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

How are we all coping?? Im doing pretty good. I would normally have a smoke every hour or there abouts...I now push myself to last 3 hours. I now only have about 5-6 smokes a day, which is a huge improvement for me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im on day 3 with no smokes! Im so proud of myself. I am so tempted right now though because Im about to have a complete breakdown

Thanks
    Reviews
    The third day is the hardest, its the day I caved and had one. But if you can make it through you will be fine.
    Im still only having 3 smokes a day

now to cut down to 2..