+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF journey for May/June

Well AF arrived on SAturday so I am all set for my first proper round of IVF.

Here is a bit of history of my journey so far....

I have a 3 year old daughter who took us 9ish months to concieve naturally.

Tried for ages for #2 with no success until the GP revealled there was problems with DH's swimmers. He has a high number of malformed little dudes. So we head of to the FS in Dec last year.

He suggested we go for a IUI cycle fisrt. So I go on a low dose of Clomid only to priduce many eggs, so that cycle was postponed. Cycle 2 was an even lower fdose of Clomid and again a high number of eggs. At this stage we decided to swith half way through to ICSI to find although I had many eggs not many matured. So I decided to postpone and aim for ICSI for May/June.

So Af arrived on Sat which means I start sniffing my synarel on May 15. Continue to sniff until AF arrives again and the injections a few days later and then I aiming for a GOOD egg pickup in early June.

I am looking to start Acupuncture this month in preparation and eating superhealthy (I try to usually anyway).

Looking forward to sharing ideas and information with you all

Sara

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello Chub Chub, my AF arrived on Sat too so another failed FET for me. We have a DS which we concieved on our 6th FET in 2005 and we are trying for no. 2. We have had 4 FET's with no luck so far. I will have my 5th in May. We have 2 ice babies left so if they fail we will start a stim cycle soon after if we can afford it, fingerscrossed.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you! Good luck hunny xoxoxox

Love your av!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sara,

I too have just embarked on my very first IVF-ICSI cycle - doing Down Reg Cycle so have started the pill & will be sniffing the Synarel on 10th May. It would be cool if we can support & update each other as this infertility process can often be a rather lonely affair!

A v. brief history: Have been TTC since August 06, found out Sept 07 that DH has a very low sperm count. Tried IUI/AIH in Nov 07, Feb & Mar 08 but all attempts unsuccessful (even though i had 2 lovely eggs on every occassion thanks to Clomid - shame the sperm couldn't find them!).

So now we have just commenced our first IVF/ICSI cycle - am feeling really excited at the moment, so much better when something is ACTUALLY happening.

Best of luck, and hope you will keep me updated. Hopefully we will get BFP around the same time!

Jo

Me: 31
    DH: 35

3 IUI/AIH - all unsuccessful
    #1 IVF-ICSI May/June 2008

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    I'm jumping on this bus too!! Making sure I have seats reserved for what will hopefully be a short journey for all of us
    I had my first cycle which ended last week, but am seeing my FS next week so am hoping he lets me do another cycle straight away, but if not I'll be in for June!!.
    I am continuing with my acupuncture from last cycle & she's now given me herbs which apparently will give me big strong healthy follicles. Tastes yuk, I think she took the spade outside and got a handful of dirt. But if it works, I'll be a happy little camper.

take care everyone
    Kerry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey BradysMum....I am sorry your FET didn't take. I am yet to even get that far but can only imagine the disappointment.

Hello chinup......your timing in regard to finding out your fertility issues are very close to us finding out. We have bypassed IUI due to my high reaction to clomid and I wasn't happy to chance triplets so we are heading straight to ICSI.

Jesmon....acupunture. I am just about to book an appointment today for my cycle....hopefully it will help

I just realised that there is another thread for MAy/June but I am happy to keep this one going or we can transfer across?

Fingers crossed for you all....although as I have been saying to my friends....I just hope my Lab technician is having a good day when it comes to my turn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone,
    I have jumped onto both buses, I figured double luck and will get to the final destination faster
    Hope everyone is having a good day.

Keep smiling
    Kez

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmon View Post
    Good morning everyone,
    I have jumped onto both buses, I figured double luck and will get to the final destination faster
    Hope everyone is having a good day.

Keep smiling
    Kez
    Sound good to me mate!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing as everyone has given a brief history on themselves, here's mine.
    Married 6 years, after 3 years of "action but no action" went to see a FS. Had the tests,he said nothing wrong with me, nothing wrong with DH, only option is IVF. He had no bedside manner, compassion, understanding etc, wouldn't explain things. So we thought well, if there's nothing wrong with us, why do we need IVF?, we'll just keep trying.
    Feb this year and still no action, thought hmm, might get another opinion. Saw another FS, had the tests again & came back I had endo & DH low sperm motility (funny that). This time however he explained our options so we decided IVF was the go. Our current FS is wonderful which makes it so much easier.
    So, DH turns 40 in October this year, and I am hoping that by his 40th our dream will be on the way.

This bus has less people on it too, so the luck doesn't have to spread out so much

Take care everyone & keep smiling
    Kez
    Last edited by jesmon; 01-05-2008 at 20:32.