+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Isolated stay-at-home mum

Hi. I'm a 27 year old stay at home mum of 2 beautiful boys - Josh, who is 9 months old, and Kai, who is 7.

I worked full time while Kai was a baby but this time around we can afford for me to stay at home.

We only have one car, which my other half takes for work each day (45 minutes' drive away), and we live 15 minutes' drive up the highway from civilisation.

On top of that, we've lived here only 4 months, after having traispsed around the countryside following my other half's career, so I know no one.

I'm having difficulty with this isolation.

Can anyone else relate? I'd love to have a chat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there
    Yes I can relate, I'm also 27 and up until a few mths ago I felt isolated and lonley. Like you I didn't stay home that long with my first so at first I found the change to stay at home mum a little difficult. I have moved from Sydney to Brisbane so I knew no one but thanks to this web site I am now meeting up with other mums once a week at a park near us.
    Obviously your geographical location makes things even harder for you. Is there any public transport you can use? I find this site is great for having a chat to people and hopefully you will find some people to chat to. If you like you can e mail me at rell1974@hotmail.com for a chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep i can relate. I live a little further down the coast- shame not closer. I live in a tiny village bout 40 minutes south of Forster. Hubby works and takes car so getting to town is quite hard. We only moved here when bub was born so dont know any one, well its all fisherman here so not any women/mothers to get to know. Im going to mothers group in town, thats going okay but alot of them know each other from school days, so I'll have to perservere. I'm thinking bout a part time TAFE course to find someone with similar interests....

The isolation is hard, I miss friends from Sydney but I am happy to be out of the busy hectic rush of Sydney. I try to spend alot of time outdoors, at the beach, walking, find I go a little nuts if I sit at home all day.

This site is good for mums like us

Happy to chat or PM anytime. Email caffs@hotmail.com
    amy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just have to say, I'm so happy to have found this site. Just reading other people's stories and sharing mine has made me feel so much better - not so alone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default living in a country town

Hi All,

Like most of you here i live in a country town, our nearest "rural city" is 20min away, and thats it you drive... which unfortunately i dont.

thankfully i do live in a town so i can walk to the main street, however the playgroup here is based at children who are around 1yr old than my little 8mth old so i dont like taking him there cause the other kids are really rough around him. I find that i am getting really isolated, and i am starting up my own young babies group up here so i can hopefully meet some mums who are still dealing with middle of the nite feeds and teething...

Michelle

razzle is offline FORUM MANAGER~ Always watching...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know how you feel too. Ethansmum - I live in Murray Bridge and don't drive either - shame! Is there a bus between MB and Tailem?

Sometimes I take the bus down to Adelaide, just so I can get some city interaction, but most of the time I wander up and down the main street here, luckily we live right in town, close to shopping and the doctors.

The small town mentality can be quite isolating as well, the locals are quite clique-y and don't take to outsiders very well. I've been here for 2 and a bit years and still don't know anyone apart from my next door neighbours!

We're moving back to Melbourne next year, I imagine that will take a bit of getting used to again as well! At least we have family there...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default bridge and TB

Hi Boomtish

There is in fact a bus that goes between the bridge and tailem... it runs twice a day on mon and thurs and once a day on other days...

if you would like to catch up for a coffee or something i am more than happy to catch the bus to the bridge...

feel free to email me on emilinya@hotmail.com

Michelle

razzle is offline FORUM MANAGER~ Always watching...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sounds good to me Michelle! I'll email you next week to organise a date & time!!

(Sorry to hijack your thread mum_2_boys )