+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Red face Bleeding for 3 weeks now...

Sorry ladies, but who else do I ask but my girlfriends eh!!

As some of you might remember about 10 weeks after I had Ella, and continual bleeding I discovered that I had a small amount of retained placenta. Doc gave me a prescription for anti-biotics. But I didn't take them coz I stopped bleeding that same day.. woo hoo!

4 weeks later I started bleeding again, but I thought it was just my period. But what kind of period lasts for 3 weeks & is still going strong!!

I had the depo-provera injection 7 weeks after Ella was born. I'm wondering if that might be why?

Any way do ya's think I should go back to the doc? I dont want to get into trouble for not taking the medicine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Becca-Rae,

I have no idea what could be causing it but my opinion is I think you need to go see a doc about it. Don't leave it too long though. BIG to you though.

Sorry I was no help.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Go back to the doctor. You need to get checked to make sure that placenta is out of there or you could get an infection!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Still bleeding. I have made an appointment with my doctor for wednesday. I am very nervous! I hope everything is ok & there isn't an infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i have been on depo too and have been bleeding for about 3 weeks now too. not alot about a pads worth everyday. i was told that it just means i need to have a little bit higher dose next time and that it should stop soon. i have had 2 injections so far one whenmy dd was 3 months and another when she was 6 months so i have 1 more month to go before i get another. are you bleeding lots? or just little bits?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah about the same as you. One pads worth per day. I know why depo is a contraceptive now....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Excuse my ignorance but what is depo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depo is a contraception given in an injection. It lasts for ages and it means you dont have to take the pill.

Becca - I had depo many years back and I had heavy bleeds the whole time. It was awful. I had to stop getting it after a while because the Doc said it just didnt work well with my body.
    But I would definately see your doctor because if it is placenta you dont want to end up with a nasty infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok here's the doctors report...

Not the placenta coz I wouldn't have stopped bleeding for 4 weeks if it was.... Thats a relief.
    Definately depo related. She has given me another shot of it (2 weeks early) to try & get it under control. If that doesn't work, I have to go on the pill for a few cycles to get my body back in the rhythm again. Blimey I hope this works!!