+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pasta is my go-to vegie meal. Nothing like rich tomato with fresh pasta. Or even garlic and herb oil tossed through it.

I don't suppose you've tried quinoa, have you? It's basically a miracle grain (?) that I have been trying to cook with for months. Now I use it instead of rice in risottos - with mushroom and herbs, for example.

Edit: Just saw a quinoa thread on this site: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...Quinoa-recipes
    Last edited by AlexMack; 17-04-2013 at 13:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh! Chickpea curry! Try this one: http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/9149...aspx#&panel1-1

It's amazing.

Also, Mexican cuisine is great for vegetarian food. Be sure to stock up on black beans next time you see them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but there is a site called veggie num num. Som fantastic recipes on there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just subbing. These sound amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing to come back and make some of these recipes later. yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing... Looks like some good veggie food in here

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been trying to eat a more plant based diet lately. There are so many good salad and baking recipes, just google. This week I have even made vegan versions of creme brulee and banofee pie! Super yum! The easiest way to veganise any baking recipe is to replace eggs with Orgran No Egg powder. If I had known about that stuff when pregnant I would've eaten so much more raw cake mix without feeling guilty! Replace milk with soy milk and butter with dairy free margarine (Coles and Aldi homebrands but not Woollies homebrand) and just bake every single normal cake or biscuit recipe as per usual.

Tonight we had pumpkin and chickpea salad from the taste dot com dot au website. It's my (carnivorous) husband's favourite. We also had a creamy pasta dish with the sauce made from an avocado, garlic and basil plus lemon juice and seasoning. I added a bit of pureed almond/cashew "yoghurt" as I had a small amount leftover from another meal.

I good friend of mine has had two vegan pregnancies. You just need to make sure you eat enough fat (nuts, avo, seeds, coconut), calcium (fortified soy milk, greens, almonds, chia etc). A varied vegan diet should still give you lots of iron and vitamins but just take a supplement (without fish oil) to be safe.