+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Working mummies chat (like we get time !?!?)

Hi girlies!!!

Ive been meaning to do this for ages but I REALLY REALLY need to be socializing with mummies who work fulltime!!! I Dont know any IRL (exept one buhubbian) But I would really like for us to have our own place to chat and network. I often go into the birthing groups and feel so much out of it than them so lets chat house work (or lack of it) mile stones that seem to creep up on us ever so quickly what jobs we do and what challenges we face... I think we should have a roll call to so just add your name and details you want us to know (I'll start) I wonder if this can be a sticky? Oh and Daddies welcome!!!!

Name - Leah (SB)
    Age - 24 yrs (next week)
    DD - Lucy 20mth
    Status - Married
    F/T or P/T - Full time
    Job discription - Ministerial Manager Department of Climate change (Canberra)
    My Beef - I have a messy house and i cant do anything about it because Im too tired to think let alone clean!

1. Leah
    Last edited by shinebrite; 01-04-2008 at 13:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should I talk to myself or are you girls actually doing your work today !?!? ha ha ha

chuckles is offline Happy Mumma just having Fun!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea to have chat - i too dont know any mums that are also working full time or part time atm.

I'm trying to sneek in a quickie with bub hub at work so i cant chat too long............

My name is Sue. I have 5 children and work full time for a Mining Equipment Supplier as accounts/admin.

Always looking for time to manage my time better

Gotta go back to work now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How about those of us who work part-time? Mainly as DH work very long hours and are no help with baby or house stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And I work as a corporate head hunter (so flexible hours more possible) - although I used to be a political adviser in Canberra....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another working mum here

I'm a network engineer in IT and my beef is also a messy house because by the time I come home from work, cook dinner, get the kids fed, bathed and ready for bed I'm just too tired for anything else yet I still go to bed about 1am even though the baby then wakes me up 2 hours later for a feed!! grrrr.... and getting out of bed in the morning to trod off to work is a real killer...

but yay to all those working mums out there! We're not alone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI EVERYONE!!! YAY YAY

Jender ~ I said Part timers can chat too (somewhere)!!

Ill put all your names on the list now we HAVE to chat!!! I need friends I need people to spill my beans out to!!!

So is there a trick to finding time? anyone? better get back to work only 15min to go!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi Leah and everyone else. :waves:
    Name - Martha (Chickadee)
    Age - 37 yrs
    DD - 4 years and growing
    Status - too difficult to describe
    F/T or P/T - Full time
    Job discription - environmental performance reporting for a mining company

My Beef - Can't find time, energy or incentive to exercise, and I'm rapidly running out of work clothes that fit my expanding middle!

SB, you made me feel OLD when I typed my age over yours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oooh! You can count me in! I actually have a question for other working mums, but I will have to come back tonight as I'm only on here for a quick look while no-one is around!!

Got 3 hours before I finish and then I'll introduce myself properly!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Name - Tracey
    Age - 24 yrs
    Kids- Jayden is almost 6, Bailey is 4, step daughter Charlotte is 3 1/2, Owen is 9 months and I'm 4 weeks pregnant.
    Status - Married
    F/T or P/T - Full time
    Job discription - Business Trainee (though have done acting stints as a PA and Safety and risk officer)
    My Beef - I don't have enough time to spend with all the kids and clean...so my house is a pig sty!!

Ok, so my question to you ladies is how to go about telling work that I'm preg? Have any of you had to do it? What happened?