+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just filled out the form requesting mine yesterday. We'll see if they try and charge me...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing as i started this thread, thought i might add that i never did request my records from the hospital i gave birth in (I gave birth to DD almost 3 years ago). I have however managed to read my notes direct as i am now a midwife and work at the hospital i gave birth in! (I was a neonatal nurse studying post grad midwifery when i fell pregnant).
    My notes were not nearly as exciting as i thought they would be .
    I am pregnant with my second baby now I have definately recovered from my birth trauma, but hope to have a very different birth this time. Good luck to all those recovering and healing and i hope your notes help you in that process. Mine certainly helped me understand. Its funny how you forget time frames and details too!
    Last edited by moochymoo; 14-05-2010 at 20:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG. I have having trouble dealing with the birth of my son. It was sudden and I was lied too through out the process. Knowing the truth might help.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellen View Post
    OMG. I have having trouble dealing with the birth of my son. It was sudden and I was lied too through out the process. Knowing the truth might help.
    I'm really sorry for that. A lot of people do feel better knowing exactly what DID happen, it sounds as though you need to debrief. Is there a Birthtalks group near you? They are really helpful with this stuff, and also the Maternity Coalition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there im currently in the process of recieving mine(hospitals stuffing me about) not sure which state you are from but i recieved mine free of charge just sent a letter to freedom of information officer at the hospiatl they have a 45 day response period and if not responded in that time need to contact you and discuss an appropriate time frame(eg. if you files been archived off site)
    good luck :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there what is birth talks? and maternity coalition?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Article with advice on getting your records

Hi - it's Melissa here from Birthtalk.org In 2008 I posted in this thread about an article we wrote to support women in how to get their notes, and how to use their notes in their healing journey after a traumatic birth. I wanted to share the link to the NEW version of that article, as it no longer exists at the old link. We have updated and revised the article- it is now complete with sections outlining 'who to contact', 'what to ask for', and 'now what do I do?', with advice on dealing with situations where your birth notes are wildly inaccurate. Hope it helps http://birthtraumatruths.wordpress.c...-healing-step/