+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Exercise and early pregnancy

I got into a really good exercise routine after DD, lost weight and am as toned I have been since university!

I am now pregnant again which I am very happy about but between tiredness and concerns, have dropped back a fair bit - particularly the weight classes I had been doing thee days a week. (uphill treadmill on other days). Does anyone have any advice about the sorts of exercise routine they managed while pregnant - in the early stages?

I have though about getting a personal trainer to take my through a good routine to manage in the middle stages - recognising that in the third trimester I may just manage walking!

Thanks Sasha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Not much

Thanks
    Reviews
    not really, from what i have read they just say not to increase any exercise from what you are use to and if you are use to really high intensity then to drop it down a bit, but as I said this is only stuff that i have read, not really sure, but my main advice is if you are gonig to get a personal trainer then really get them checedout for if they are any good with preg ladies, I was with a trainer a few years ago trying to lose some weight and it was all going well when I fell preg accidently, I spoke to him about just paying out the rest of the contract and finishing up as I had m/c a bub 6 mths earlier and did not want to risk it again, but he insisted that he knew what he was doing and that he would like to continue to train me and that it is good to keep up the exercise etc etc, so i did and he still trained me quite hard insisting that "research" shows that you only need to slow down in the late months, anyway i just did not feel right about it and had a gut feeling that he was wrong and stopped going but i still m/c 1 week after my last session with him, who knows if it was because of him or not, i will never know, but this time around (i am 34 weeks now) i have just kept walking and so far have only put on 1.7 kg!!!! better safe then sorry i say.
    goodluck with it all