+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! Info on early miscarriage needed

I am 6 wks + 2 so far, and have been bleeding on and off (brown & pinkish/ red alternatively) for over a week now. My HcG is dropping as well (from 160 to 130 in 3 days) and progesterone is also dropping (20 to 16 in 3 days). We have accepted whats happening, I think Ill be ok when I know its all over- just this waiting is driving me crazy! The doctor explained on the phone that I will bleed heavier than a period and then they will keep testing progesterone until its around nil to make sure the miscarriage was complete. Does anyone know how long it can take 4 everything to have completed "normally"? I have been feeling quite sick and bad headaches but other preg symptoms have totally eased, so I am starting to wonder whether there is a chance of infection setting in. Also, would anyone know if "it" can happen via slow bleeding like this or should there be at least one lot of heavy flow and/or tissue? I tried to ask the doctor, but she wasn't very helpful and basically just told me to wait until my next blood test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I can't help you much but I didn't want you to think no one was out here. I had an imcomplete miscarriage and had to have a D&C so I didn't even have those test. (That I am aware of, I started bleeding on a Saturday morning and then at 1am Monday morning I pretty much felt like everything "fell" out of me) I would suggest that you go see your doctor or if your really worried about it go to the hospital explain what has happened/ing and tell them your worries that you have an infection.

I hope everything is ok as it's hard enough emotionally without adding the extra stress of physical sickness on top of things.

Big hugs and warm thoughts are coming your way

Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy hello

hello beautiful
    i just wanted to say that i m thinking of you and know how distressing that wait can be i ended up having a dnc after a couple of days cause i just couldnt stand the emotionall pain anymore.
    i hope you are feleling ok and getting plently of love and support
    it is a realy hard situation to get through.
    i had two healthy baby boys after my dnc .which was somthing i was worried about when we first lost our beautiful baby , i thought am i ever going to get pregnante again and no matter how many people told me i would i didnt realy belive it tilll it happened ,sorry i m drifting now
    i just wish you all the best and hope your partner is ok to it is hard for both the man and the woman in the relationship .
    big hugs from briony

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kiki,
    so sorry to hear your news - it is a horrible thing to go through.I miscarried at 8 weeks and just had to sit it out and wait for the bleeding to stop while having blood tests every couple of days (never had a D & C). I bled for about a week and a half and it was a constant flow starting off as fairly light but then getting heavier and passing clots of blood (not nice) before tapering off to light bleeding again. I didn't feel sick or anything and I'm not sure about whether the slow bleeding is enough to complete the whole process. I would say if you are feeling still feeling sick in the next couple of days to go to the Dr and have a scan or something to make sure everything is okay (I had a friend who didn't have a D & C but didn't pass out all the tissue and was rushed to hospital with a fever and feeling awful and passing massive clots - very scary). I hope the whole horrible process goes okay for you and is over very soon. My thoughts are with you.

Cath

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks Feeling better now

I just wanted to let you guys know that it all happened on Sunday, and even though it was far from nice, I was well prepared and if anything I kind of feel relieved its all over. Thanks for your feed back- it was a pretty scary time and it really helped to have some info and just that feeling that I'm not the only one that's felt like this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am glad to hear that it has all "ended" now. My heart still goes out to you. You have my private email address if you need to talk. ANYTIME.

Kiara

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sorry:(

We lost our first child at 13 weeks last year, and though we're new to the site, I thought I'd drop you a note to express our condolences.

Keep your chin up!

Andre and Joey.