+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What can I use to remove that built on dirt & grime from the bath, spray-ons just don't work

somebody once told me gumption, what do you think (I haven't tried it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    Wow, your house must be sparklearkly.

*looks at own house*
    One must keep up appearances my dear.

*Coughs and wipes dust from keyboard*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly68 View Post
    What can I use to remove that built on dirt & grime from the bath, spray-ons just don't work

somebody once told me gumption, what do you think (I haven't tried it)
    Have you tried Baking soda or a creme cleanser. Have a look at the start of the thread for the baking soda tips.

9.To remove stubborn stains from most surfaces, use a baking soda paste (3 parts baking soda, one part water). Apply, let stand, then scrub or wipe clean.

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have a question!

I have dogs, big hairy molting dogs!... Dogs with lots of fluffy fur that keeps dropping off....

I have a house, with short, tuff industrial carpet... its an ugly carpet, but its all we have. Its grey, and it shows up the fluff that our dogs keep dropping on the carpet, along with the thistles they bring in too!

I have a vaccum cleaner, but it doesnt work. Its a stupid vaccum cleaner! It doesnt suck... so really it should go to the tip, but I cant bring myself to send it there because it cost so darn much to buy in the first place.

Now my problem is....

I have dogs, hairy dogs. I have carpet, it is now hairy. I have a vaccum cleaner that doesnt work!

So... I sweep my carpet, but its not ideal. Is there a particular TYPE of broom that would be best? I cant afford to buy a new vaccum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    I have a question!

I have dogs, big hairy molting dogs!... Dogs with lots of fluffy fur that keeps dropping off....

I have a house, with short, tuff industrial carpet... its an ugly carpet, but its all we have. Its grey, and it shows up the fluff that our dogs keep dropping on the carpet, along with the thistles they bring in too!

I have a vaccum cleaner, but it doesnt work. Its a stupid vaccum cleaner! It doesnt suck... so really it should go to the tip, but I cant bring myself to send it there because it cost so darn much to buy in the first place.

Now my problem is....

I have dogs, hairy dogs. I have carpet, it is now hairy. I have a vaccum cleaner that doesnt work!

So... I sweep my carpet, but its not ideal. Is there a particular TYPE of broom that would be best? I cant afford to buy a new vaccum.
    My dear I have the answer for you!

Put on a rubber glove and wet it a little and wipe your hand over the areas where the hair is. The hair will stick to the glove and you can rinse and repeat. You can also just use a damp cloth.

Hope this has helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aunty could we ask you other topic? I would LOVE to know how to get rid of those stinky bugs from our garden?!!!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~vrede~ View Post
    Hi Aunty could we ask you other topic? I would LOVE to know how to get rid of those stinky bugs from our garden?!!!

Thanks!
    Hi there have you tried spraying with Eco oil or hot soapy water?

From what I can find the best way is to hunt them down and destroy them and any eggs that you can find. Keep your garden as weed free as possible.

I also found this info for you

# Sanitation: Control weeds in susceptible crops and in areas adjacent to gardens to decrease breeding and over-wintering habitat. It is important to remove weeds early in the growing season before stink bug populations increase or the loss of habitat may force pests to move into the garden.
    # Collect insects: Hand pick and destroy eggs and bugs.
    # Use Natural Controls: Encourage other natural predators such as parasitic wasps and flies by growing small-flowered plants. The unpleasant odor produced by stink bugs deters many predators but several bird species do consume these pests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow Aunty Sodor!!! Your house must be very clean!!!!! (I am very jealous )

Great thread btw!

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I love you Aunty Sodor! Im going to give this a try tomorrow! Hopefully there will be a nice shiny FLUFF free house for my darling husband when he comes home.

Now... do you have any fixed for the domestic CAR? Ours seems to have decided its time to go to the happy hunting ground...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Aunty Sodor, how do I make my house smell beautiful? I can't stand commercial air fresheners.