+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Smile IVF March/April-come join me!

Hi Girls,

Well went to my FS today and its IVF for me!
    Anyway, luckily its CD2 so i had first BT today and have another at CD21. I also have to have an ultra sound at the IVF clinic in the meantime to check out my folicles ect. DH has to go to IVF clinic and do another Sperm Analysis and BT (which he is going to love!!). Then on the 28th Feb (which happens to be AF due date) its back to him for results. Basicly he said provided the results are are good then we can the go to our first IVF appointment straight away! So this mean we could be doing it March/more likley April!!!!!! Maybe a baby in time for XMAS!!!!!! OMG i could burst with joy!!!!!!!

So its off to weight wacthers this sat morning to start loosing weight again. He said that by doing this i increase my chances of IVF working.

I have such a good feeling about this, i really do. The weirdest part is i have allways had this feeling i will have an Xmas baby, and now if I do IVF in april then thats when id be due.....

Just wanted to introdue myself and say , as i'll be hanging round in here abit more now. So if anyone is starting at same time as me or just wants a chat then please say hi!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi pippi........its really good to c ur positive spirit about everything........im sure ur dream for a xmas baby will come true....wish u all the love and luck u need for the journey ahead of u...

Im also in the process of getting all my tests done....dh had his sperm analysis and bt's last week.....i have my tubal assessment tomorow..........and im seeing my fs on the 12feb with all the results....hopefuly i can get started asap...

if u dont mind me asking where r u located....which clinic are you going to....

im in sydney going through IVF australia...

hope to get to know u better....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pippi - great that you're starting so soon. I have a FET hopefully next week (if it thaws) and if not will start a pill down reg 2month cycle from 17ish Feb. So it's IVF in March for me in that case too. I wish you all the best for your journey and your for christmas.

I'm also doing a quasi weight watchers. No meetings but just counting points so I can lose a few kgs. Good to hear that your FS says it will improve our chances.

I see you are from the Mornington Peninsula. I was there last weekend at a friend's BBQ in Mt Martha. Gorgeous! Would love to ditch the city life and move there. What clinic are you at?
    Last edited by k8onIVF; 31-01-2008 at 12:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your assessment tomorrow Chardo - I hope all is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by k8onIVF View Post
    Good luck with your assessment tomorrow Chardo - I hope all is well
    Thanks...

have u had it done too???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a hysterosalpingogram. Is that what you are having?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pippi

Your excitement is infectious! I was starting to feel a little down about the fact that my FET has now moved to March/April but not anymore!

I am going in for a hysteroscopy on 5 March and then am good to go after my next AF (due around mid March)... so all going to plan I should be having my FET around the end of March beginning of April. I'm kinda hoping I'll have a lovely birthday present (10 April).... a !! What could be better than that??

Yes weight watchers! I'm eating a salad as we speak...

Thanks
    Reviews
    its to c if my tubes are clear....?? not sure if thats the same....ive heard its a lil painful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chardo - That's what I had the test for but there are a range of different ones. Mine was a balloon blown up in the cervix with dye injected in to see if it makes it to the abdomin with nothing blocking its path. Mine was painful but I think it was made worse because I wasn't prepared for it to be. It came as a real shock because I just planned to do the test in the morning and go into work but I had to go home in a taxi after lunch because it made me feel quite sick - like I needed to curl up in a bath tub. BUT it doesn't last long (the test or the symptoms) and some people have it and feel no pain at all. I think as long as your prepared and not shocked like I was, then you'll be ok. l

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg....did u have to take a painkiller before hand???.......i guess i need to just think of the bigger picture....

thanks kate...