+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you still have a good relationship with your ex and/or in laws?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering who has a decent relationship with their childs/rens father and/or in laws? If they are still involved in your life that is.

I'm pretty lucky that I still am relatively close to both.

I can still go to my exes place and hang out there with him, his mum and brother and feel completely at home.

My ex mil and I still have a really good bond and it makes life so much easier.

Things between my ex husband and I have not always been civil, but finally things have calmed down and stayed that way so it makes it a lot easier for us all.

So what's your situation like?

Love Nat xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ex and I get along pretty well 98% of the time BUT I dont get along with ex MIL at all. And when she isnt around my ex and I are less stressed around each other.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Still the same as it was before. I send letters and photos to his family and the ex and I get along well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little boys father has nothing to do with us(his choice).

His parents who are divorced and who have each remarried,are all lovely and i get on well with all of them.

It depresses me ,however to spend too much time with them as it saddens me that my child has no father in his life.
    Last edited by sunnyflower; 19-01-2008 at 22:43. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nat-
    My ex mother in law loves me- we get along very well, in fact my new husband and our son go and stay with her. She buys my son presents for xmas and birthdays as well as her grand daughter- (my daughter)! We don't allways see eye to eye but we get along pretty well.
    My ex DH however is another story- He has 5 children , my daughter, three to the next wife and one more child and doesn't see or take responsibility for any of them. Never calls, never writes, never visits any of them. His mother is so embarressed. On the rare occasion that we do see him we are very polite to him and just chat to him like he is an old friend. The truth I can't stand him because of how he treats my child and all of his others, however I don't see the point in getting nasty as all of his children can see for them selves what a loser he is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Havent seen DD's father since i was 5 months pregnant, i dont even think he know that i had a girl, he definatly doesnt know when she was born or even what she looks like.

it was all his choice not to be apart of it, i couldnt "get rid" of her..
    I dont think you could even call him her father! maybe a sperm doner(sp?)?

I dont mind i love it the way it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's good to see that most have a civil relationship. It makes life so much easier I think. Even if it's not with both the ex and their parents, but at least the ex or the parents.

Sunnyflower - Obviously your childs father has no idea what the is missing. I still can never comprehend how any parent could want nothing to do with their children. In the end he will end up a very sad and lonely person I think. It's great though that his parents are still lovely too you both.

Peta - My mil is the same. She loves me heaps too. She has three adult men for sons and I have been the only woman in any of her sons life who she has liked alot, then throw in the fact I gave birth to her first and only grandchild she dotes on me and peter so much.

My ex always tells me that she wishes we would get back together but even though we won't I'm still like a daughter to her and always will be, and I do love being close to her too

Your poor mil, I would be so ashamed of my son if he turned out the way your ex did. That's awful

Confusd - It's a shame for your daughters sake that he didn't stick around at all, but in the end maybe it is better for you both (considering he never supported you in the first place to have her).

I'm glad that you are happy though That's the main thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes i feel bad because my daughter doesnt/wont know her father but i thinks in someways its for the best, i would prefer not to have him around than constantly disappointing her for the rest of her life.
    I dont worry about her having a male role model or anything like that as she has a grandpa and an uncle who love her to death!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's right

In the end there are negatives with any situation, so you always have to look at your own situation in a positive light as best as you can.

Male role models definitely don't have to be just their fathers. As long as they are a permanent part of their life, it doesn't matter if they are an uncle, grandpa or cousin.

By the way, your little girl is gorgeous!!!! When I have a second, I hope I have a girl... I love all the pretty little things for them *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Confusd,

I must say thats one seriously cute baby girl you have there Father doesnt know what he is missing, his loss