+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bad skin after pill

Hi - i stopped taking the pill in january - since then i have been getting the worst skin - acne - which i got as a teen. Anybody else go a bit haywire after stopping their pill?

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tell me about it

I came off the pill Feb last year and since then I get the worst breakouts just before AF is due.

I never got a pimple the whole 11 years I was on the pill. But boy now I am copping it.

I think it must be payback !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i went off the pill back in 2001 and my skin went horrid - acne so bad and all over my back .. its perfect today. It took my nearly 12mths for it to clear up. Its VERY common after the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank god - i thought it was me! I excercise and sweat a lot but i dont usually have so much - even have some on my shoulders and i have always had such nice skin!
    Well, hope it clears soon - or people at work are definately going to notice - they are all great gossipers!
    D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it happend to me too - many moons ago when I was your age. I couldn't stick it out for very long and went back on the pill to clear it up after a couple of months ( I wasn't trying to make babies at that stage). When I went off the pill again a couple of years later I had no such problem and haven't had since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My skin was terrible when I came off the pill. I ended up using pro active to try and remedy it, which worked. But then I fell preg and had to stop using it due to one of the ingredients not having any testing done on it for preg women. When I fell pregnant my skin was so bad. I have spent a fortune at the beautician trying to fix it. Just in the middle of microdermabrasion treatment which seems to be working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My skin has been horrible since I stopped the pill in October. I started taking Vitex this month to help TTC and have heard good things about it helping with skin probs