I wasnt sure where to post this, but thought here might be ok. We live in a highly populated mosquito area thanks to the rivers and lakes nearby. We have screens on all windows and doors, but ocassionally one will get into my daughters room, she is 6 months old and sometimes wakes in the morning having been eaten alive by mozzies. She reacts really badly to them, as i do.
Can anyone recommend a safe, non smelling mozzie repellant that i can leave in her room? At the moment ive started spraying flyspray in there every night, but it stinks and cant be good for her to breathe in all the time! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
15-01-2008 21:55 #1
Safe mosquito repellant for babies room
15-01-2008 22:04 #2
Do you have one of those nets that you can put around the entire cot?... I used one of these and they work.... good for spiders also (which i why i bought one...
15-01-2008 22:15 #3
In my son's room we use a Mortein Odourless Mozzie repellent. It plugs into the wall.. wait up i'll find a picture..
It plugs into the wall and you can either use the pad or get a jar of the stuff, and it works a TREAT! My boy is allergic to mozzies and comes up in hives, when I have this on he's fine as, if I forget to turn it on or run out of stuff, he's spotty the next day.
perfectly safe, my doctor recommended it to us.
16-01-2008 14:56 #4
Excellent, thankyou Seekrit, im off to buy one today - just what i was after! Cheers
17-01-2008 13:30 #5
I use a mixture of half dettol and half baby oil on my boys and it works a treat.. maybe u could give her a massage after her bath and still use the plug in as extra guard.
I use both and the one night I didn't they woke up with bites all over them... sand flies will be the death of me Im telling u
17-01-2008 14:55 #6
Goodo....I was going to start a similar thread.
My ds has been eaten by mozzies in his bed in the last couple of weeks ..
Thanks, Im off to buy one too
19-01-2008 23:11 #7
If you want to limit the ammount of poisons your baby breathes in by using sprays and plug ins a mozzie net is a great way to go. I made an oil based product, (you can use plain olive oil or almond oil etc) with lavender and rosemary in it. I let it sit for a cpl of weeks and put it to the test. It doesnt smell alot and it works wonders, because it is oil based it doesnt wear out as easy as something water based. It even works ok for flies!!
19-01-2008 23:31 #8
it worked for us .. I bought it .. and the mozzies left I haven't even opened the packet - so word must have spread
thanks seekrit for a fantastic idea
By Pesca77 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 19Last Post: 18-02-2017, 21:53
By perthmumm in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 9Last Post: 05-07-2012, 12:45
By PurpleButterfly4 in forum General ChatReplies: 6Last Post: 11-05-2012, 12:10
Life FertilityLife Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Early waking/routine help 17 month oldToddlers (1 year olds)
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation
Cyclone Debbie Support thread.General Chat
Happiness thread.General Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Growth Of Intellection. Discussion?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat