+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 21 year old mum looking for other parents for friendship

Hi there, before and after my son was born in the Blue mountains i had a large network of other parents as my friends but since moving to sydney 2 years ago haven't made a single one! I'm starting to get pretty lonely trekking to all the playgrounds and museums on my own (my partner works 5 or 6 days a week) so I'm looking for other parents in the area to hang out with. Ideally we could just take our kids to the beach, the park etc and hang out.
    My son is four and a half now (I had him when I was 17) and we love music, travel (we've been doing a little backpacking and road tripping around Australia recently) and getting outdoors. I'm at uni two days a week but have my son on Mondays Thursdays and Fridays (as well as the weekends of course!).
    If anyone wants to drop me a line just send me an e-mail from this site, or add me to your msn with the same e-mail address.
    Louise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Reply to Louise

Hi Louise,
    I woud love to catch up with you, as long as you can put up with an older mother with a younger child?!?! I'm 32 and my daughter is 5 months.
    My husband's company has relocated us from Melbourne to Sydney, and we arrive on Sunday.
    I am stressing becasue I have made a great bond with my Mother's Group down here in such a short time, and now I get to move to a strange city with no friends and a young child. I must be honest, I'm sure that I can use her to meet people, but you just don't know...........is that selfish?? Ha!
    Anyway, we will be in Kirribilli for a month, and then are looking for a place in the Upper North Shore. Areyou anywhere near by?
    Love to hear from you.
    Kirsten

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thumbs up North Shore area

Hi there...

I have an-almost 3 months old son, Thomas. Who's teething at the moment! Would love to catch up with you girls, even if just on msn as i always have msn open all day. i live in st leonard area, currently am on maternity leave due back next year.

good luck in looking for a place around the north shore, Kirst- it is the best place to be .

Dont worry about being lonely in the new place. I'm from the UK and all my family lives there, eventho i do have in laws live 1 hour away. Lets just hope that my husband goes to UK again for his regular business trip this year, so that Thomas and I can get free tickets so I could see my family again he he.
    Bottom line, I think the new environment/culture will bring good benefits for our children!

Peace Out

Thomas's Mum
    Last edited by ThomasMum; 12-05-2005 at 10:43.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mum 2 b

Hi, I'd love to meet up soon, im 17 and expecting my first in August, would love to get to know some other mums
    Jade

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I'm not new at all to Sydney - an "old sydney hag" , but am free to email or catch up as well! I'm 27 with a 6 month old cheeky boy Oscar. I live in Mosman...and agree with you Thomas's mum about living on the north shore!
    Louise, are you around Dee Why?...I saw on your pub profile your postcode so had a quick guess its Northern Beaches area, therefore just a ride across spit bridge really.
    Feel free to email me at this address anytime in this thread.
    take care all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Arrived!

Hi all. I have arrived in Sydney, and we are actively looking for a more permanent place to live. However, I must admit that I am enjoying our temporary accommodation.

We are on the waterfront directly across from the Opera House in Kirribilli. For a girl from Melbourne, this is a great way to get used to Sydney!!! We are loving the view at night.

I am not on MSN, but I think that I'm goig to have to sign up...it seems the thing to do these days.....

So, happy to catch up. Once i get my bearings a bit better, we might be able to suggest a cofe or something to meet up at???? We'll be the ones with the prams....hehe.

Bye for now.
    Kirst (& Ardyn of course)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I have moved from Queensland and have absolutely no family here, aside from my gorgeous little girl and loving but (over worked) husband!
    I would love to get together and meet some mums for coffee etc!
    I am in the Darling Harbour area, but soon to be moving.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    KATE

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile 22 year old mother live in north sydney

hey people, i am a new mother to a 3 1/2 month old daughter i live in north sydney and dont know many people up here in sydney as i moved up from south australia... i am keen on meeting mothers i am 22 years of age and would just like to meet people to talk to and go out for a coffee with...from sara

Quote Originally Posted by ~vrede~ View Post
    Hi there...

I have an-almost 3 months old son, Thomas. Who's teething at the moment! Would love to catch up with you girls, even if just on msn as i always have msn open all day. i live in st leonard area, currently am on maternity leave due back next year.

good luck in looking for a place around the north shore, Kirst- it is the best place to be .

Dont worry about being lonely in the new place. I'm from the UK and all my family lives there, eventho i do have in laws live 1 hour away. Lets just hope that my husband goes to UK again for his regular business trip this year, so that Thomas and I can get free tickets so I could see my family again he he.
    Bottom line, I think the new environment/culture will bring good benefits for our children!

Peace Out

Thomas's Mum

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hello

hello girls,

i am moving to the beaches in 2 weeks... from melb.

i am very excited but a little worried cos i have a really good mothers group down here...

so if any one wants to meet up, let me know.

xx lucy

Thanks
    Reviews

Default new to this!!!

Hi there!

Im new to this! My name is Bec and Im 23 with a 3mnth old little guy named Oliver. We live in North Sydney and are desperate to meet some mums and babies in this area!

Please let me know if there is anyone who would like to meet for coffee some time soon!

Cheers,
    Bec and Oli