+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks stellarella.

Question : How long should you take the "Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Supplements " I am still taking the Blackmores ones, DD is 5 months old ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey, you dont have to take the blackmores tablets at all, if you have a good diet I would just finish the jar and no get anymore.Another thing I should mention just incase you dont know is bubs get all they need from mothers milk even if the mother is like me and eats lots of chips and drinks to much coke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks neostudded..

wildoats is offline Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right - Henry Ford
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It has been a while since anyone has posted a relpy on this thread. I think it an important thread for all mums to look at. So thank you very much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I just saw this post while googling about pregnancy supplements whilst breastfeeding.

Firstly, I agree with the statement that our breastmilk has enough iron for bubs, even after 6mths of age (ugh, I had that huge argument with people when my youngest was still a bub!!)

My question is this, we are currently TTC bub no 4, and I am still bfeeding our youngest, she is almost 3. She mainly only feeds at bedtime, so is only once a day now, though it can be for an hour or 2!!

I have started taking Blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding gold, for our (hopefully) impending pregnancy, although the past year and a half I have learnt a great deal about food additives and artificial vitamins, etc, I was thinking better to be safe than sorry, and to take the vitamins.

Well, our 3 yr old has had major major constipation since Ive started taking these, and she is usually very regular, 3-4 times a day, soft easy stools. Now she is in so much pain, going at least 3 days without a stool. I even bought a stool softener from the chemist (we try natural alternatives to medicines these days, but I was desperate to help her) but she has refused to take it.

Is it possible that these pregnancy supplements could be causing the constipation? At first I thought it was the homemade pizza we had made (ham has bad preservatives in it, though we got the lowest nitrate one) but it has been going on for almost a month now (around the same time as when i started taking the supplements). I am very mindful of food additives, and the ham and the supplements are the only things different in hers and my diet.

It is also making me wonder if its these supplements as I was taking them when I was pregnant with her, and continued to take them after her birth (for at least a year if I remember rightly). She was a very unsettled baby with major tummy pains, that we had even taken her to peidiatric dr and a gastroenterologist. Looking back, I am now wondering if it was these supplements that was causing her pain, all that time.

Has anyone else had experiences like these with supplements and their babies?

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had a quick read of the beginning of this thread and thank you for sharing this.

My question is my toddler daughter (18months) who I still breastfeed has had two black hard poos today after no poo yesterday. Could it be the liquid iron supplement I have started taking after advice from a naturopath and is it safe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on iron supplements and my son initially had trouble pooing. I put some fennel tea in his water bottle and problem solved. No need for laxatives. Got it from naturopath