+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for Donor Recipients and copy of Egg Donor Show from SBS

Hi RoxyJust read the Q and A about Egg Donation, that was awesome.I am very lucky to have found a woman very keen to help my husband and I have a baby.We are due to have our joint counselling session this coming Tuesday.To be honest I am freaking out a bit now.I would love to talk to any Donor recipients to see if they have the same concerns as I.I am concerned that I won't feel like the Mum which is probably a normal reaction.Do you know if the lady, Miss Melbourne you helped had any concerns.I know that I should just be grateful but when you have the responsibility towards any human being, that hasn't a choice in the matter, it does make me think.Any help from any egg donor recipients or advice would be greatly appreciated.Plus, would you know of anyone who taped a copy of the Egg Donor show that was on SBS, I have being try hold of a copy of the first episode.I really feel like I need to see the show.I can't find any symbols for very nervous or trying to keep my emotions in check.Thanks a million for listening.Soleilno1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have sent you a PM....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there soleilno1.. I'll PM you my number if you want.. Am Miss Melbournes Mum I'm sure Rox will have already organised to send you a copy of the show.. talk to you soon.. Mash

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank You

Hi,
    i would like to thank you for explaining the whole process and taking the scariness out of it all. it made it much easier for me to weigh up the decision in my mind once i had accessed all the facts.
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow, that was an interesting read, thanks so much Roxy. This is something I have been thinking about for a while and will hopefully do when my family is complete I am a total wuss with needles though, hopefully there will be a new way by the time I do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    The needles are really nothing, Georgiann - they are really little and very fine, just like a diabetic needle...the first one is the worst because of the anticipation that it's going to hurt, but I am completely telling the truth when I say that they don't hurt...they aren't anything like the needles that are used for blood tests or immunisations (which are like knitting needles compared to the IVF needles!)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh good, I am pathetic and always have to lie down!
    If I may ask another q though.... how do you think of the child eg: when I see or hear my kids I have a physical/emotional craving to be close to them, is it the same or kinda same but different? Prob a stupid question..sorry but i'm sure i'll have many more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    how do you think of the child
    I think of her as the daughter of my friend...I feel no motherly connection to her at all. I love her - but only as my friend's daughter and nothing more. I know what motherly love feels like, and that is certainly not how I would describe my feelings towards Miss Melbourne. I think this stems from the fact that I was not pregnant with her - I didn't feel the kicks and tumbles of her moving around in my belly, I didn't breastfeed her and I am not the one who tends to her needs - her mother did and does all that. I never physically "felt" what my egg made whilst it was growing, so I feel no motherly attachment to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long you have to wait between donation cycles? Our first attempt at me donating eggs to my wonderful recipient couple was not successful, not due to any fault of our own. If the recipient couple decide they want to go ahead with doing the cycle again, how long will it be before my body is back in shape and ready to go? I only donated a week ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For IVF the FS will generally wait a month between cycles. As a donor they might ask you to wait a little longer.