+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that It probably wont be for at least a month. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking Im gonna be a donor!

Thanks for all the info.It was very helpful with helping me understand all that i will be going through.My cycle starts in octber.I am so excited!

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for that... food for thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if I have the right thread. I have been asked by a very close friend to donate eggs. She has been through IVF and has been unsuccessful. I was wondering if anyone had donated to friends and how they came to their decision. I expect that this friend will be a part of my life. Just hoping that someone could share their experiences with me.

Whippet is offline Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having seen and read a lot of the posts over time, I have felt for the women and families that want so much for what I have - and what I was able to have quite easily.

I've now taken the time to read more into donating and feel ready to take the next step of considering becoming a donor. This thread has been SO informative and helpful - thank you.

I'd like to hear more from donors about their experience - do you stay in touch? how do you feel having some contact with the child? how do you feel about not having contact, if you don't? Can someone be an anon donor in Melbourne? And re: the issue of sex during the cycle - is that just to avoid pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Whippet,

A great place to find out more information and chat to other donors is http://www.aussieeggdonors.com/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mumb For This Useful Post:

Whippet (25-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    doea anyone know why the cut off is 35?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm just wanting to know if there are donor family support groups. I would really like to be able to chat, even if it is just online or a group I could join in order to meet people who've been through the whole donor thing and are currently raising kids of whatever age. I am about to embark on a cycle using an egg donor and I guess I just need that little bit of encouragement. I would love to be put in touch with others in Melbourne who have gone through this. Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks guys.
    Drea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mrsd72,

The cut off is 35 years of age because the likelihood of success using younger donor eggs is said to be much higher. Obviously as you get older, generally the eggs deteriorate as you age. I have even been told by my doctor and some other people to seek someone who is no older than 31 even but having said that, I know of people who have used donors who were 38 years of age however to what success I do not know. I imagine that you are considering donating? I also imagine that people have responded to your query already since you posted in August!! Ohh, I'm from the yarra valley more or less originally. My friends and I used to go swimming in the yarra in Warrandyte, it was the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey i love what you tried to explain here wonderful post and very helpful i really enjoyed it as i also wanted to know who can donate...? and i got my answer thank you .
    Ivf egg donation