+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sorta have done things this way...mainly snacks but . Makes sence to me...especially starting this right from the start.

Not sure how it work if Bubs is used to being spoon feed by Mummy. They may get a little frustrated iykwim.

Thanks for the info...food for thought!!

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have decided to start DS (who's a week & two days shy of 6 months) with some solids, BLW style!
    He absolutely LOVES it, and cries if he drops his piece of fruit & can't find it, he's only getting the juices at this point, although he is munching down really hard due to teething.

Should be lotsa fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I fed The Boy using this kind of technique. Made life easy for me. And I have found that it means also is not just about nutrition, it's about helping them to say "yes I'm hungry so I want to eat" or "no i'm not hungry I don't want to eat". Right from about 8 months old, when it seemed like he had finished I would hold his plate and say "Yum yum? Or byebye??" and he would either grab it back off me, or push it away. Now at 20 months, he eats until he's finished, and then says "MUUU-UUUM!!! BYE BYE!!" and hands me his bowl. And he is not one of these kids who doesn't eat at meals and then wants food inbetween (ie like my eldest child) I just feel that the way I've approached food with him has (so far) given him a better relationship with food and taught him to listen to his body's cues, as opposed to the way I approached food with my eldest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the_queen For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank's Stella for the information...

I'm sure i have come across in other threads that i am anti BLW but i am not... I think the concept is a very well thought out approach to introducing babies solids... I whole heartedly agree with the 'problems' associated with weaning from pureed consistency's to a more textured as babies can become confused and have initial difficulty in knowing what to do... Unfortunately because of Daniels reflux i was advised to start solids early so pureed was the only way... I really would like to mention that with my eldest three children i never pureed food... I mashed... they had lumpy bits and whether it was me showing them the actions and they were mimicking me by 'fluke' they indeed learned how to process the food from the beginning... I fortunately have had no problems with Daniel as his home made foods are no longer pureed but again 'mashed'... He chews away and swishes everything around...
    Understanding the feelings of others regarding 'meals', he has 3 meals a day and drinks some water along with his 'milk' intake... He's a very healthy little man considering what he has been through, which was nothing short of a ride through 'hell and back'...

I do concern myself about the choking risks and I'm not sure if i would risk giving my 6 month old pieces of food, but all babies are different as their parents 'approach' which i respect completely... I do not believe that Daniel would have been ready at 6 months... Now... Nearly!!! (attempting next week)

My eyes have opened a little more and i thank you for that... x x
    Last edited by EsSjAy; 06-01-2008 at 22:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In a healthy baby BLW is a fantastic way to start your babies on solids. Unfortunatly all babies are different and have different needs. I don't think stella was at all implying that all babies need to start solids this way. Of course you are going to do the best for your baby and if it means feeding them by a spoon so they don't starve then so be it (rejecting milk) it's just another way of starting solids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great educational thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    GRR I just wrote a whole post then hit the wrong button and deleted it all

anyways what I was going to say is there appeared to be no underlying reason for my dd going off her milk, we checked all avenues and it was just a case of she prefured her food over milk (still does) just as some babies prefur milk over solids and dont take well to them until well into the 12 month plus mark. Some days she was averaging 500 to 600ml at most and it really wasnt enough for a baby of her age. She has just prefured food from the word go and if she had of been at an age where she could handle finger foods then I would have done that (had I known about it)
    But if I ever have any other kids down the track (a BIG if lol) then I may just consider doing it the blw way.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    thanks for the info i had some idea what BLW was as the name dose sugest what it is but didnt know much

It all makes sense now

Hopefuly i can one day do baby led weaning with mikenzee and her tube, its great to know that with thos aproch that they can go from drinking liruid to eating finfer foods as I have ofen wondered if by some miracle my daughter can eat as she gets older i dont see a teenage girl wanting to eat mashed up pears

Thanks for the info

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by metalhead713 View Post
    GRR I just wrote a whole post then hit the wrong button and deleted it all

anyways what I was going to say is there appeared to be no underlying reason for my dd going off her milk, we checked all avenues and it was just a case of she prefured her food over milk (still does) just as some babies prefur milk over solids and dont take well to them until well into the 12 month plus mark. Some days she was averaging 500 to 600ml at most and it really wasnt enough for a baby of her age. She has just prefured food from the word go and if she had of been at an age where she could handle finger foods then I would have done that (had I known about it)
    But if I ever have any other kids down the track (a BIG if lol) then I may just consider doing it the blw way.
    Don't ya just hate that

Is you DD dairy intolerant. I have a friend that has a son the same age as Lachie and she had heaps of problems with him. He would scream at every feed and be really unsettled for hours after a feed. She took him the Dr nearly everyday and even to the ED and they didn't pick up he was dairy intolerant. She ended up taking him to a osteopath who picked up he was dairy intolerant apparently Dr's don't believe in dairy intolerance and since then he has been a different baby. There is a special formula a soy one that you can get a script for I think it's about $30 for 6 tins.