+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default when to start on full cream milk?

Does anyone out there no or can give me anything on when to start you baby on full cream milk?
    cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Full cream

Hi Woodsa,
    For years the consense was that you place your little one on full cream milk after they are 12 months and keep them on it until they have past 5 years. But the lastest research is showing to put them on low fat milk after 2 years. But still start them on full cream when 12 months. This lastest research has only come out in the last month or so. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default moo milk

Hi,

start introducing baby yogurt and custards at six mths, your aim is to have bub on cow's milk (full fat for thier development) after 12 mths. Start making cereal based on cow's milk at 10mths, use cow's milk in all your cooking that bub will be eating. Then at 12 mths slowly wean off breast/formula by introducing cow's milk for one feed, if tolerated keep going until all feeds are cow's.

However, if there is a dairy intolerance in the family history you muxt consult a Dr. first for strict guidelines.

Hope that helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemma For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default mooo

Hi ladies thankyou for your opions on cows milk. I have been told that some crazy mums have started there children on cows milk at six months that to me seems very early. Lachlan is 11 months and i think we can wait another month before we start to introduce the cows milk. thankyou again for your replys..
    cheers jayne

Thanks
    Reviews
    my daughter was about 9mths when i started using milk in cooking for her and she was 12 mths when i took her off formula, but now a few months later - she hates it! She hasnt had a bottle for over a month...but will drink a fresh banana smoothie out of a straw cup anytime! Weird!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Question starting on full cream milk

My daughter is 9 months old and has just started on full cream milk. She seems to be taking it ok. But is throwing it about a 1/4 to 1/2 of it back up. I'm not sure if she is lactose-intolerant or not. She prefers to drink juice.