+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trevor & Melissa's Search for a Donor

How do you find the words to ask someone for something so personal to them. Your asking this special somebody to share with you part of themselves, it's a truly selfless act of generosity. That's exactly what Im going to ask a total stranger to do for us.

"CAN YOU SHARE YOUR EGGS WITH US. WOULD YOU BE OUR DONOR"

My partner and I come from Western Sydney. We have been through so many ups and downs trying to conceive using IVF.
    3 yrs on and 6 unsuccessfull cycles later see's us seeking an egg donor as my partner has been diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure and can no longer use her own eggs to try and conceive.
    At every turn she has been faced with defeat but she keeps picking herself up and battles on, she tell's me it's her determination to complete our family.
    The small role I play in this IVF journey hardly compares, when I see what she goes through at the end of cycles that end in total dissapointment.
    This wonderful lady deserves more than I can put into words to feel the joy of being a mother, any child would be blessed to have her as their mummy.
    I would like to sit back someday and watch this lovely lady walking hand in hand with our child and say that it was the best decision that we made together. I can picture it, can't you.
    This lady is my saving grace, the love of my life and we want to share this love that we have for each other with a child of our own.
    As you can imagine this has been an emotional journey, so please don't play with our hearts as they already ache, so we ask for sincere and honest replys.

If you feel that you are that special somebody that would like to help us, we are seeking an understanding and compassionate woman aged between 21 and 35, preferably with children of her own. All expenses covered, no remuneration can be offered.
    If you could please contact Trevor and Melissa via our email address Brumbiesservice@optusnet.com.au and we can go from there.

We Wait
    Trevor & Melissa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Trevor and Melissa,

I too am on this same journey as you both, so I do know the heartache involved. I wish you both all the best, and hope someone comes your way real soon.

Good Luck

sarahstarfish is offline Senior Member
    WINNER 2006 Bub Hub Awards: Most Community Minded Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Melissa

Why don't you PM Admin and ask them to move this thread up into the 'Egg Donor Wanted' section.

Is a beautiful ad and certainly would make me want to get to know you better when I was looking.

What a very caring and committed couple you sound like.

Go on, get this thread moved Lady!

Love

Cindy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You guys have one of the mos beautiful ads I have ever read. Never before has an ad brought tears to my eyes, but yours did.

I hope that your egg angel is just around the corner. With you in your DW's corner Trevor, how could you guys fail??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Melissa

How are things going. Are you having any success?

rgds

Thanks
    Reviews
    As some of you know I have offered my eggs to another couple. They have asked if our details could be passed on to other people in their group. If they don't need us. I have said yes.

If you check all my posts you get know me a little. If you would like to contact me after this then email me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can vouch that Natasha would be a wonderful donor!! You are such a lovely girl

All the best Melissa and Trevor

Boxoxoox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning B.

Thank you. Have to catch up. I have sent another lengthy email..

sarahstarfish is offline Senior Member
    WINNER 2006 Bub Hub Awards: Most Community Minded Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Natasha, you generous soul

I just read your post about passing your details on - I would just be careful of talking and finishing with one couple first before moving on to another - means no-one is left hanging up in the air not knowing what is going on, least of all yourself. You can't really offer to a second couple if you don't know what is happening with the first couple - what if they decide they want to cycle with you after all and you have already committed yourself to someone else, makes it very awkward for you in particular to have to say no to one of them.

I know, I know, I sound like your mother - but is perhaps better to have all the i's dotted and t's crossed to make sure you are not going to cycle with one couple before getting another couple's hopes up. I think that's why Admin asked for donors not to advertise, for this specific reason, to make sure only donors approach recipients and not the other way round - puts unnecessary pressure on you.

And of course I might be barking up the wrong tree in the wrong backyard so tell me to stick my head in - just want to make sure you don't get yourself tied in knots and unwittingly end up hurting someone.

Love

Cindy

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ms Starfish. I think Natasha has been released from her obligations by B, hence B's response. however I would agree that in the interests of her and other donors being swapped its better for Natasha to approach someone that has advertised.

rgds