+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you ladies for all the great recipies, I am busily trying them all out on my family!!
    Mummabear, your beef casserole recipe is fantastic, family loved it!!
    Am going to give the sweet and sour meat balls a whirl in the next couple of days, and maybe the mac and cheese on the weekend!!!

BabyJoy is offline It's fun to paint in the nude!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This thread is fabulous! I bought a slow cooker last week and have since made osso bucco and a roast chicken. Can't wait to try other recipes because it seems to me that slow cookers are great for people like me who can't cook! I would like to add my two recipes to the thread to give those who can't cook inspiration.

Osso Bucco: Buy a packet of Continental osso bucco mix, then loosely follow directions. Brown lamb shanks in pan first, then add onion, garlic, tomatoes, packet mix and water. Cut up veges (I used potato, carrot, sweet potato) and put in base of cooker, then put lamb shanks on top and drizzle the tomato and onion mixture over the top. I added a bit more water to help cover the veges. Cooked it for about 7 hours and it was delicious!

Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary Chicken: Under the skin of the breast of the chook place a mixture of rosemary (I used dried herbs) and butter. Place some cloves of garlic and slices of lemon inside bird as well as around the cooker. Place an oven proof plate in base of cooker for bird to sit on... if it's raised it seems to work better. Put a splash of white wine and chicken stock in the cooker (and baste the chook). And then I left it to cook 10 hours (probably a bit too long, but I went shopping and needed to get it done early this morning).... regardless, the chicken tasted juicy and so tender. I don't think it's possible to burn anything in a slow cooker!

PS. My slow cooker is the Avance Breville 5 litre Meal Maker - cost $59.95 at the Myer sale. And I think it was worth every cent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    New Mum on the Block, gee wissss, I've been looking for crock pot or slow cookier reciepe's, I'll have a better look at them latter, Just wanted to share one that I did the other day.
    Frozen Sausages any sort,
    larley choped vegies,what ever you like
    depending how many snag's use those instant sauce sachet's 1 or 2
    and set on high for 1/2 day cooking or low for all day cooking.
    Serve on mash potatoes'
    Hooroo Sylvia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got my slow cooker a week ago and have used it every night lmfao.

Crockpot Chicken Breasts with Bacon
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    8 oz sour cream
    1 Tbsp flour
    bacon slices

Wrap one uncooked bacon slice around each chicken piece and put them in crockpot.
    Mix sour cream, undiluted cream of chicken soup and flour and pour over chicken.
    Cook on low 6 to 7 hours.
    Serve with rice or potatoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls, I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently cooking a mix of Draught's spice lamb casserole and Mummamia's Fruity lamb casserole It smells so GOOD!!!I can hardly wait for tea tonight

Starlet, I'm going to cook your chicken and bacon recipe on Monday.LOL I can almost taste it already!

Thankyou so much for the recipes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's so yummy Nara! I have a few more:

Chicken Parmigiana

3 whole chicken breasts; 6 split
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 cup dry bread crumbs
    1 1/4 cups butter
    1 10 1/2 ounce can pizza sauce
    6 slices mozzarella cheese
    Parmesan cheese

Cut chicken breasts into halves. In a bowl, beat egg, salt and pepper; dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumbs. In large skillet saute chicken in butter. Arrange chicken in crockpot, pour pizza sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add mozzarella cheese, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Makes 6 servings.

That was a huge hit with everyone here, which is very rare lol.

Chicken Wings In Honey Sauce
    3 pounds chicken wings (16 wings)
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 cups honey
    1 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    Sesame seeds (optional)

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut off and discard wing tips. Cut each wing at joint to make two sections. Sprinkle wing parts with salt and pepper.
    Place wing parts on broiler pan. Broil 5-4 inches from heat 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side or until chicken is brown. Transfer chicken to crockpot.
    For sauce, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings.
    Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or on high 2-2 /2 hours.
    Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.

I used mixed chicken pieces instead of just chicken wings. I caught DS1 stealing it off of DS2's plate when he wasn't looking! hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hokay, so I finally have a slow cooker !!!

I tried Draughty's spicey lamb on the weekend - yummo.

I'm now trying Babyjoy's Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary Chicken but hoping for some answers from the experts.
    1. How long does it take to do a whole chicken? (#15) because I've left it a bit late methinks (only went on about 15 mins ago)
    2. When I put everything together, the stock and wine only comes part way up the chooky. How often should I rebaste it and should I turn it mid-cycle (It's sitting up on the lemon wedges).

Thank you to any slow-cooker champ who is able to help me here!

Mariposa is offline Winner 2008 - most helpful moderator/administrator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    okies so maybe this thread can inspire me. i confess that i purchased a slow cooker many years ago and confess that its still in its box, never been used

now im thinking after reading thru here to start using it. more recipes pls and i like the basics too
    Last edited by Mariposa; 29-08-2006 at 17:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi! Oooooh I just LOVE this thread!

Homeart have small slow cookers for $30 and large ones for $50.

I have bought a small one from there, and I can't wait to try out some of these great meals!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one of those already marinated beef roasts from woolies. Yesterday I half defrosted it, then chucked it in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours and OMG...the meat just fell apart. It was delicious.