1 chopped onion
    1 tablespoon oil
    3 tablespoons vinegar
    1 can pineapple chunks in juice
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 large green capsicum, cut into pieces

hot cooked rice

In a bowl, combine mince, egg, 1 tablespoon cornflour, salt, pepper, and onion. Shape into small balls. In a large frypan, lightly brown meatballs in oil. Drain fat from frypan. Transfer meatballs to any size Crock-Pot.

Stir together in a small bowl: vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, remaining cornflour and green pepper. Pour over meatballs. cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 2 to 4 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All Day Macaroni and Cheese

2 cups macaroni

4 cups grated cheese

1 can evaporated milk

1 1/2 cups milk

2 eggs

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp ground black pepper

In a large pot cook macaroni pasta until al dente. Drain. In a large bowl, mix together 3 cups of the cheese, cooked macaroni, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, and salt and pepper.

Transfer to a slow cooker which has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.

Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until the mixture is firm and golden around the edges. Do not remove the cover or stir the mixture until the mixture has finished cooking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^ jasminesmum my DH is going to LURVE that. He loves mac and cheese but the recipe we have is a PIA and makes a huge mess so we rarely do it. I'm going to try this out on the weekend

We do an easy Roast Chicken in our slow cooker:

You just need a chook, a pack of french onion soup mix (the generic one is fine), and 2 lemons

Pat the chook dry, rub the soup mix into the chicken all over to give it colour.
    Stick one whole unpeeled lemon in it's bum (poke some holes in the lemon with a fork to let the aroma out). This is optional - still tastes great without it we just like it.
    Cut the remaining lemon into quarters and place in bottom of SC. Place chooky on top and cook for about 6 hours on low.

Easy as, even DH can do this. We've also used oranges for something different

Another easy one is Beef Stroganoff

500g chuck steak cubed
    1 onion roughly diced
    1 satchet beef strog flavour mix (Maggi, McCormicks, whatever)
    1 tin tomatoes
    3/4 tub sour cream

Put everything into SC except sour cream. Cook for 6 hours on low.
    1/2 hour before serving stir in sour cream to taste
    Serve with pasta or rice
    YUM

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My favorite meal at the moment is Beef Stew. I get a Kg of diced beef from the butcher...doesnt matter if its tuff or fatty...it all gets cooked off. Chop up some carrot,onion, beans, celery, ect....chuck it all in the slow cooker around 12ish...add a couple of cups of water (just enough to nearly cover the meat and veg) and a beef stock cube or two....

7pm....turn it off, open it up...and YUM...meal in a pot. If you want you just make some mash spud to go with it! Plus you have oodles left over for lunch/dinner the next day or to freeze.

Another one is a kg of diced beef, half a jar of chilly chuttney, beans, onion, carrot, ect....tin of pealed tomatos, tab sugar, salt and pepper....YUM! It make the nicest tomato based casserole! Nice and sweet, like a curry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum has just given me her all time old fave slow cooker recipe book! I'll look through it and post any good recipies for you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a fantastic thread! I can't wait to get a slow cooker and try some of these out!

Just wondering, though... Some of you mentioned that you go to work and come home and dinner is ready. Are you able to leave them on when you're not in the house? Do they automatically turn themselves off? I'd hate to come home and find the house burnt down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jane1980 - Most recipies require cooking for about 7-8 hours, so for some people that would be the time they are at work if you know what I mean. Mine doesnt turn off automatically, but some might. Ive only left the house with mine going for no more than 3 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Briannabear!

I think I would get too nervous to leave it on, but it would be great for weekends still!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tend to use mine on my 'home' days. Its just so easy and saves a bit of stress at that crappy time of day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sooooooooooo wnat one - but not persuaded DH yet..he thinks expensive to use...but he not the one starving here as I never have time in evening to cook...he works away and gets fed!!