+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy Brands....

Hi,

We have just moved to Oz form the UK and I was wondering what disposeable nappy brands you have. I see you have HUGGIES which I am not a fan of and also BabyLove which from experience over the last couple of weeks seem as if they don't cope with getting wet and need changing often which obviously means more waste.

In the Uk I used to use PAMPERS which were great as very absorbant and I only ever needed two in a 24 hour period most days, although mostly I used some called NATURE which were made out of recycled, biodegradeable products and there was also a range of wipes and nappy sacks that went with them.

I have used cloth nappies in the past but he has grown out of them and I am reluctant to go and buy a load more but at the same time I am also very aware of environemtal issues. this is why i used to use NATURE as they fitted my lifestyle perfectly.

Do they stock this brand over here or any disposeable equivalents?

Thanks

Lynda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lynda.... Yay for me, I get it right this time

I use Huggies mainly and ones from Woolworths..not sure what woolies is called down there...safeway or rolfe something They are called Woolworths Select...like a decent homebrand at $19.95 a box. Not much cheaper than huggies though.

I looked up this link for natural disposables....bit exy at 29.95 for 40 odd nappies.

http://www.natureschild.com.au/produ...nappies/1996/1

Hope that helps, cheers J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never thought I'd say this but I swear by the BLACK AND GOLD brand (no-name branding) costing $3.99 for 20. Have bought 2 packs so far and not one problem. No more Snugglers or Huggies for me anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow missunderstood thats so cheap...what age baby are they used on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard of the bio-degradable nappies but unsure of what they are called, sorry!

As for us we use the Woolworth's brand. They are called 'Select' and we find them fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yup, i use the Select ones too now, used to use Huggies. The Select are soooo much better. I've also seen a natural brand of disposables at Coles i think? They're only new onto the market i think...I have to go tomorrow or Tuesday, so i'll check the name out if i remember....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use the babylove as i haven't had many issues with them- i tried select nappies but found that Imy constantly smelt of urine- even with constant changing? Has anyone else experienced this?

I had a friend who swears by the Homebrand nappies from woolies but as yet i haven't tried them!

Sorry don't know much about biodegradable nappies- although i think i saw some in coles(?) one time??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have always used Huggies but this week decided to try Snugglers as they were so much cheaper.

I'm completely disappointed with them. Two mornings in a row, DS woke up completely wet. Yesterday I put one on him at about 7:30, he had a long nap and got up at 11. He was standing in the lounge room and I was cleaning up some water on the floor (so I thought), the Snugglers was already so full that it was running down his leg ! and they dont seem to draw the liquid away either.

Back to Huggies !

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you live near an Aldi store try their Mamia brand. They are just as good as Huggies and are heaps cheaper. They have newborn right through the various sizes.

at the moment my DS uses x-large Aldi have packs of 44 for $16.99. They also have great wipes Mamia brand pkt 80 for $2.99 - swear by both of these products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with the Aldi nappies they are very good. Most impressed with the quality and price.