+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hair Loss

Hi

I am just curious to see if anyone else has started to lose their hair because of breastfeeding? The last month it has been falling out everywhere!!! Let me know if you have any solutions to this problem or you have suffered this.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kristy,

I don't have a solution to this, but......I've been losing LOTS of hair since dd was about 2-3mo. It all broke off around my hairline too, so now I have lots of new growth and it looks like I cut my own hair like a 5 year old!

The CHN said that it was normal and just our body catching up on not shedding hair for 9 months ( doesn't make me feel any better though!). I found that a change in my shampoo and conditioner helped - I tried the Garnier Fructus ones for damaged hair and it looks so much better now. The hairdresser also suggested a protein shampoo.

Oh well.....I guess now we know how men who are going bald feel!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have the same problem - my hair is really long & i can't believe how much i'm losing - should save it all to make a wig if all my hair keeps falling out

alicesmum Guest
    hi ladies
    it's nothing to do with breastfeeding. just the body getting back into balance. it does stop i promise. mine went on for about 3 months (from when alice was 3-6 months). i also have the bum-fluff/regrowth around the hair line. it's a good look!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default baldy

Yes, me too. I have two bald spots above my ears - really bad look! My son is losing all of his too (he is 3 months). So we're both patchy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Only normal

Hi Girls
    Hair loss post partum is completely normal. What actually happened is that your hair stopped falling out normally while you were pg (which is why we all have luxuriant hair while we're pg ). But now the piper must be paid and all that hair that you should have lost gradually over 9 months is falling out all at once . It is a worry at the time - but it does stop after 3 months or so - and at that point, your hair should be the same as before pg.

Hoping to make you all feel better...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Eat properly

If you're eating properly, your body will become normal again and thats for anything not just giving birth.

When people take medications even, their body reacts and people lose hair and other things happen. Your body is simply getting used to no longer being pregnant, and probably the reduction in hormones is the problem. Hormones are very powerful chemicals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Thanks for all the replies. I am glad I am not alone and this is normal. It was one thing that I had no idea happened.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 months!!!!

Oh dear goodness!
    I too have exceptionally long hair - my husband is going to go nuts when he hears there is another 3 months of Kat hairballs to suffer through!

arrrghkkk

Kat

Thanks
    Reviews
    i spoke to my gp and he reccomended Silica ( vitamin for hair and nails) and a multi vitamin,
    it doesnt stop it but it has seemed to reduce the amount, i was leaving hair everywhere lol