+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Christmas Activities for a 2 year old?

Okay, so DD is about 27.5 months, and I want to start on some Christmas activities this year.

I was thinking about cutting up some stars from cardboard and getting her to paint them and use glitter and such and we'll make some decorations for our house... but what else can I do?

What little Christmas activities can we do together?

punkbaby is offline Got it back :D
    Winner 2007 The most helpful member award & The member
    youd most like to meet in real life award & The newbie of the year award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I dye pasta tubes and let them thread them on string also print off some santa faces and get her to colour them in

Would you paint your windows with that snow stuff? She could help, even if its holding the stencil (with a little sticky tape as extra help lol)

You can make chains too with paper as well where you loop them all together dd2 loves making these

Thinking thinking thinking!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The pasta and paper loop chains are heaps of fun.

Some others we have done are painting pine cones and making them all spesh by adding glitter to place in pots around the house or scatter under the tree

Make gingerbead men and decorate together

Learning chrismas songs

Paint ur own wrapping paper using butcher paper and christmas coloured paints

Ummm all I can think of right now...

subaruforestermum is offline Love me or hate me...that's your problem only....
    Vote for veve! Cheekiest Mod!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy&jacksmum View Post
    The pasta and paper loop chains are heaps of fun.

Some others we have done are painting pine cones and making them all spesh by adding glitter to place in pots around the house or scatter under the tree

Make gingerbead men and decorate together

Learning chrismas songs

Paint ur own wrapping paper using butcher paper and christmas coloured paints

Ummm all I can think of right now...
    These are things I did as a kid with mum...

The gingerbread is a great idea, also try making white christmas, cupcakes etc and decorating them christmasy...

Make christmas tree decorations out of, pipe cleaners, those balls - fluffy come in all sizes, well anyway you can stick eyes on them etc! And you can make clothes if you make pipe cleaner men/women out of material, cut and glued....

Buy some white plates, and paint them! Make unique christams platters! You would have to spend a bit of money buying the paints and sealant etc....

Make chrsitmas wreaths out o fplastic garbage bags, and paint! recylcing at its best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subaruforestermum View Post
    Make chrsitmas wreaths out o fplastic garbage bags, and paint! recylcing at its best!

Oh I'd forgotten about that one.... the white ones turn out awesome... K, gonna get the boys busy