+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default what toys for a nearly 2 year old on plane?

Hi there
    We'll be travelling to the US on January and I was wondering what toys I should take for my DD who will be 22 months then. The flight will be 13 hours.

Thanks for any suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've flown that trip with DD when she was 11 months, and when she was 3 years. I'd suggest:

Colouring/activity book
    Crayons or washable textas
    1-2 favorite story books
    Favorite small stuffed toy
    Balloons - in your purse or carry on, blow them up to play with when stuck waiting in lounges, & gets rid of some pent-up energy.

Mostly DD was entertained with singing, rhyming games, walking up and down aisles, and playing peek-a-boo with other passengers. At 22 months, some of the in-flight entertainment may also interest your daughter.

I also took containers of cereal, you can buy single serve bowls or boxes. These were great for snacks during transit, or could even be good on the plane. Meals for little ones may not be what she is used to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although not such a long flight I have flown with ds1 at 16 months and around 2. I found having lots of snacks was really helpful. In addition to som efavourite toys and books, I also packed some newthings he hadn't seen before. Stickers were thej most played with think I took. I found the books really good when I wanted him to go to sleep. I also suggest getting things out on e at a time so each thing remains interesting for as long as possible!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got a playskool video now jr for our little man and have used it endlessly since he was about 12mths. We got it mostly to use in the car as we travelled over an hour to & from work each day and daycare was near work, we also used it when we came over to Gold Coast (we were still living in NZ at the time) on holiday when he was 13 mths old and again when we moved here he was 22 mths old. He still uses it today, watches the same old things on it - it comes with i think about 6 different discs - and loves it to bits. I think they are about $100 here at some of the toy world stores, (ours cost more than that in NZ 2 yrs ago) but definitely worth every cent we paid for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I flew back to and from Ireland with my little one when she was 11 months and 26 months.

Scribbling pad and pencils and/or an etcha sketch, a few books.

Your little one maybe a little young for Dora the Explorer and Maisie Mouse but in flight entertainment may well include a children's channel or so. I brought along a portable dvd player but as I say, my little one was a little older than yours.

A couple of snacks, sultanas etc. may be a good idea but check that you are not going overboard. On my last trip home I had enough food to feed everyone on the plane for a month and did not use hardly any of it - They keep throwing food at you on airplanes.

Also, make sure that you use everything around you as a toy, inflight magazines, safety cards -

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the great suggestions everyone