+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    She's a spunky l'il girl.

demeter is offline Breastfeeding since 2008, tandem since 2010 (Free Breastfeeding Support: 1800 686 2 686)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey mods what do you think about making this thread a sticky?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good Idea Demeter.

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Done

Thanks
    Reviews

Default luniks planned homebirth

When i found out i was pregnant, i was over the moon, i wanted to have a homebirth but soon found i didnt have the support of my family, apart from my partner they all said it was to risky, what if something goes wrong. So i went ahead and unhappily planned a hospital birth. At 7 months pregnant we decided to move 6 hours north of where we where and i decided after doing alot of research that i was going to go through with my homebirth plans, regardless of the lack of support i had around me! Which ment i only had a short time to find a midwife in my new home town. Luckily for us we found a lovely midwife who was prepared to help us at such short notice, i was so happy that things where starting to go my way.
    From 7 months on my new midwife did all my prenatal checks and we got to know each other quite well. On monday the 25/9/06 at 11.30pm i felt a little trickle and rushed to the toilet, not making it all the way when my waters broke, oh my god i thought the time has finally arrived! and went and told my partner..I had a shower and went back to bed, hoping to get some sleep, while getting only mild contractions through the night, 8.30 the next morning we rang the midwife and told her where i was up to with my labour, she said just go on with your day as normal and call me to let me know how things are progressing. I spent the day pottering around home and walking on the treadmill, and trying to get some rest when i could, mum came around at 3.30pm to help prepare everything for the birth and her and dave filled the birth pool which we had set up in our dining area. 8.00pm i thought i would go to bed, but by 8.30pm my contractions where getting much stronger so i decided to hop back into the pool. At 2.30am we called our midwife to let her know we where ready for her to come around, she arrived about an hour and a half later as she had a long way to come, i remember her saying are you sure your at mid stage you look so calm! At 7.30am i was totally exhausted and was starting to worry that things were'nt progessing quick enough. We decided to get me out of the pool and try doing some squating and leg raisers which within minutes seemed to help, everytime i got a contraction i would hold daves hands and squat down and between contractions i was pacing the hallway. Time went by and the midwife checked to see what was happening , she found that i had a cervical lip coming down infront of the babies head and was preventing him from coming out! She told me she could try to move it manually during a contraction, but mentioned it may hurt a little, boy was she right, but after a few trys we managed to make good progress. at 11.00am on wednesday 26/9/06 i hopped back into the bath and birthed my beautifull baby boy Luka at 11.30am, weighing 7.15pds with no tears and completely naturally, he came out with the cord wrapped around his whole body, the midwife simply unwrapped it and gave him a couple of pumps of oxygen once he was in my arms and he was fine. when the cord stopped pulsateing, dave cut it and we hopped out of the pool, i felt very faint and just as i was about to pass out dave caught me and got me onto the lounge..Once dave had dressed luka i layed down and gave him his first breast feed. dad and his partner arrived and luka was passed around to meet his new family, i was so exhausted i went to bed and they all cracked open the red wine to celebrate! then dave myself and our new bub went to bed and marvelled over our little creation.. It was a awsome experience and i would recommend it to anyone thinking of having a homebirth, i managed to prove to all my family that homebirth is perfectly safe and have turned them all around, they now rave to everyone about my homebirth!
    Last edited by lunik27; 03-04-2008 at 15:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Here is the birth of my 5th son

blessed with a son

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks for sharing your story Lunik and spirited family. They were awesome!

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My heart raced for a second there V! back to twiddling my thumbs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    AM, getting antsy hey?! lol

Here is the link to my birth story ladies!

Cameron Elliott's birth ~ 17 May 2008.

Cameron Elliott’s birth day

fire~fly is offline Life is what you make it, so make it count!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    here is my homebirth story from 5 weeks ago today, although it feels like only yesterday!

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...47#post3019847