+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chellegoth View Post
    I wonder if that is different in each state. My rego was about $1000 and I started on the pension the following week.
    Wouldn't hurt to pop in and ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryma View Post
    May I ask what bank is that as I still have to pay fees!
    NAB
    One of my friends told me ages ago about it and I asked and they said no you have a loan trimmer anyway which pretty much cancels out the monthly fees.
    But I went in the other day and the girl said I see you get a pension do you still get it? I said yes and she said I will put it on there and you won't get the $4 monthly fee you get now anymore.
    I was like GREAT!!!! Any money saved is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chellegoth View Post
    I wonder if that is different in each state. My rego was about $1000 and I started on the pension the following week.
    Hey Chelle,

Was that $1000 including your greenslip or just rego?

Here in nsw we pay our greenslip and then rego is about $250 usually and thats what I got my refund on, the rego itself.

Nat x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxcoop View Post
    you get free train tickets, 4 a year. Although you have to pay for a booking fee

also you can get free rego
    Free train tickets? How do you get these and whats the max km you can go? Like Sydney to QLD? Local?

And to the person asking about bank fees. Westpac does it as well. I have a westpac acc and I get unlimited transactions (with any Westpac atm) and no bank fees. You just have to ask. They were called a deeming acc but it's changed now, I can't remember what it's called. Although you can only have 1 acc and it has to be the acc in which your pension goes into.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSerenity View Post
    Hey Chelle,

Was that $1000 including your greenslip or just rego?

Here in nsw we pay our greenslip and then rego is about $250 usually and thats what I got my refund on, the rego itself.

Nat x
    I don't even know what a green slip is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chelle - why was your rego that much?
    It shouldnt be more than $580 full price (for 4 and 6 cylinders).

In any case - you should be entitled to get half of your actual rego fee back.. take your pension card into Vic Roads and show them.
    They may not do it because you didn't have your card when you went in - but worth asking about anyway.

Rego for pension holders in Vic is only $280 (yearly) and you can chose to pay it 6 monthly instead of yearly.

This Link has most of the concessions available to HCC and Pension Card holders in Victoria (PDF please be patient whislt it loads)

Here for New South Wales - i know it says seniors.. but the concessions are still the same because they are relevant to the Pension Card (most concessions are available in the ACT also)

Here for South Australia (not detailed but lists the common ones)

Here for Tasmania

Here for Queensland
    NT I havent located the site for - but there are similar sites for both offering the concessions
    Last edited by Amberlea; 29-10-2007 at 15:36.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberlea View Post
    Chelle - why was your rego that much?
    It shouldnt be more than $580 full price (for 4 and 6 cylinders).
    It is a brand new car so that might be why. The total amount paid on the rego receipt was $1068.80, so that must include all the other fees that go with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah thats why, it will include stamp duty and the rest of the rubbish - anything for them to make a buck or two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chelle did you let VicRoads know that you have a pension card?

If your reg was due and the card was valid for that date, take your card and licence into VR and you will get a refund. It's also handy to have it on file that was your reg next year will be sent out to you with the pension rate and you will not have to go into VR to get it changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amberlea - You sound like you used to work (or do) at VR??????