+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MammaMia is offline Bald is beautiful!!!
    WINNER 2006 Bub Hub Awards: Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Romantic weekend for two: departing from Brisbane to ??? Suggestions please!

DH & I have agreed that we will take a weekend away in a couple of weeks.

We are planning on 2 nights ... leaving our 2 little people with their very able grandma.

But, here's the thing...I'm stumped. I can't think of where to go/stay.

I know what I want to do:
    * go walking somewhere beautiful on one day
    * eat seafood looking at a sunset (not necessarily in a restaurant, happy to purchase seafood and prepare/peel)
    * sleep in
    * meander through markets
    * hold hands with DH
    * sleep in a lovely luxurious bed
    * have a massage
    * perhaps see a movie.

So, any thoughts? Suggestions?

Signed
    So Excited can't think straight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky you!!!!

I reckon Montville or Melany there are heaps of nice places up there i would love to go

Have a GREAT time

Bron is offline Accentuate the positive
    WINNER 2006 Most Politically Correct Member
    Winner 2007 & 2008 Funniest member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How far do you want to travel MM?? It sounds an awful lot like Fremantle to me. Seafood, markets, sunset over the ocean....

Oh, I forgot to say - no matter where you go, it sounds wonderful. Have a lovely lovely time.

MammaMia is offline Bald is beautiful!!!
    WINNER 2006 Bub Hub Awards: Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We've decided that we have to be in driving distance. This is a big thing to be away for 2 nights. We've only been away from them (with both of us) for 1 night before.

Sounds silly, I know, but we can't bear to be too far away from our babies. I have this underlying fear that something might happen to them and they would be wondering where their mummy & daddy are. I know they will be in good hands but there is that unknown factor.

DH is just as bad as I am, and wants to be able to get home to them quickly if they need us.

We'll plead guilty to completely & hopelessly smitten parenting.

But we've been negotiating for some contract work in WA with the notion of a trip to Fremantle for the whole family. *fingers crossed*

Mariposa is offline Winner 2008 - most helpful moderator/administrator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    sounds devine. Pelican Waters, or even Caloundra.

Hope you and your DH enjoy yourselves

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If you ever do get over to the west, about 10 years ago DH and I stayed at a place in Denmark, called Kari Mia (I think). It still has the prize for the BEST place we have stayed - EVER. The mini bar consisted of four full size bottles of red wine and four full size bottles of white. And each room had a little guest book for guests to share their thoughts about the place. I'm not normally into that kind of thing, but it did lend even more charm to the place.

But back to your more immediate issue. I hear the Peppers Resort at Spicers Peak is quite good (we stayed at the one in the Hunter for our babymoon).
    http://www.peppers.com.au/spicers

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about Kingscliff NSW at the "Salt" resort? It's devine down there, right on the beach, shopping, restaurants, and you're only 30 mins from Byron Bay if you wanted to spend some time there as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about Mt Tambourine. I went there for two nights for my honeymoon. We had our own little house, 4 poster bed, spa bath, fire place, kitchen, tv and a verandah.

Breakfast and afternoon tea were brought to our room. It was so nice and relaxing and you are in a forest.

I would go there again and again.

Bron is offline Accentuate the positive
    WINNER 2006 Most Politically Correct Member
    Winner 2007 & 2008 Funniest member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    We've decided that we have to be in driving distance. This is a big thing to be away for 2 nights. We've only been away from them (with both of us) for 1 night before.

Sounds silly, I know, but we can't bear to be too far away from our babies. I have this underlying fear that something might happen to them and they would be wondering where their mummy & daddy are. I know they will be in good hands but there is that unknown factor.

DH is just as bad as I am, and wants to be able to get home to them quickly if they need us.

We'll plead guilty to completely & hopelessly smitten parenting.

But we've been negotiating for some contract work in WA with the notion of a trip to Fremantle for the whole family. *fingers crossed*
    Doesn't sounds silly at all. Sounds completely understandable to me. I wouldn't go that far either.

But if you do come to Perth in the future for something other than a romantic escape, spare some time for a cuppa with a fellow sea-cow, won't you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Theres a little place in the Gold Coast hinterlands called the Mouse House. They are beautiful little chalets very cosy and private, and a beautiful drive in to Surfers if u wanted.