+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    cradle mtn
    dismal swamp ~ west
    i would highly recommend Abbey's Cottages (they are B and B houses) at Stanley ~ west
    Port Sorell for the beaches etc ~ nth west
    Ghost Rock winery ~ Port Sorell area
    Tasmazia ~ nth west
    Bruny Island ~ Sth
    Penguin Market~ nth west
    Targa Tasmania (all over the state) ~ when its on
    Beaconsfield mines~ nth
    Lake Barrington ~nth west
    Lucinda B and B in Latrobe ~ nth west
    Imaginarium Science Centre ~Devonport
    Home Hill ~ Devonport
    Tiagarra Aboriginal Cultural Centre & Museum~ Devonport
    Sheffield Murals ~ Sheffield ~ nth west
    Narratapu National Park ~ nth west
    Arthur River Cruises ~ west
    Paper mill ~ nth west

sorry if i have repeated some i have more if anyone wants me to add more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would HIGHLY reccommend buying a Tasmanian Entertainment Book, they were only released in Tas in March but are filled with great idea for things to do, about 300 to be exact and a discount offer for each and every activity! Most are 2 for 1 or a % off and the best thing is that the books help raise money for charities! They only sell for $50 and you can get that back in just 2 uses.

Also, the best bit, nerly every restaurant and activity that everyone has mentioned on this thread is in the book with an offer PLUS there is also a Coles Supermarket offer giving every single book buyer 5% off your Coles shopping for 12 months ...... completely unrestricted and unlimited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's a great idea if you head out and about a lot. I had a peek through mums a few weeks ago and pinched a few take away & other vouchers etc.

Best one I got (that I'm keeping under wraps for now!) Is a $200 discount voucher for Top Gun Tasmania - Shane will be 35 next year and I'm going to see if the family will pool together to buy him a package! I fear that if I wait til his 40th he'll have heart failure mid flight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamfett View Post
    I would HIGHLY reccommend buying a Tasmanian Entertainment Book, they were only released in Tas in March but are filled with great idea for things to do, about 300 to be exact and a discount offer for each and every activity! Most are 2 for 1 or a % off and the best thing is that the books help raise money for charities! They only sell for $50 and you can get that back in just 2 uses.

Also, the best bit, nerly every restaurant and activity that everyone has mentioned on this thread is in the book with an offer PLUS there is also a Coles Supermarket offer giving every single book buyer 5% off your Coles shopping for 12 months ...... completely unrestricted and unlimited!!!
    Hi all, this tread is great, DP has holidays coming up so giving us loads of ideas.

Mumfett- I recently bought one of the books and they are fantastic!!!makes it a bit easier to get out and about more!!-can i just ask though, where is the offer for 5% off?? i didn't see it last time and i cant find it on the website? It's driving me nuts-DP put the book up somewhere and ow i can't find it!!! haha that would be great to get that discount-cant believe i missed it!!
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, the Entertainment Books are FANTASTIC! First year here in Tas but I can tell you that they are already on the verge ofselling out! The waitlist to get additional books to sell is around 4 weeks long now and even then you arent guaranteed books (apparently they only do the one print run a year nd then they get the new book ready so once sold, thats it)

Tassie Angel, the Coles offer is in the little green retail section which is right after the activities section of the book and there is a whole page dedicated to the Coles offer, you just need to go online and get t organised, its fantastic! If you still have trouble, let me know, I know the Entertainment people here and I can get them to check it out.

For anyone that would like a book, I am selling them for the Tasmanian Devil project on the East Coast so I am lucky enough to still have a couple not yet sold so no wait. If anyone is interested, let me know and you can have a look at one, either over coffee or if you are afar, I can mail you one and you can make a credit card payment over the phone (a wonderful added support from the Entertainment Book people!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AAAhhh thank you I dont believe i managed to miss that offer!!! Thank you!!

The books are really good DP has holidays coming up and we have already saved about $100
    just on things we wanted to do anyway in the first week or so!! It is going to make it alot easier to plan things to do during his holidays

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yummy Mummy, yes I have a couple left, would you like me to organise one for you? They are $50 each and $10 of that goes to the Tassie Devils project.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If heading to Port Arthur and need somewhere to stay I have two recommendations for you..

With the kiddies = Stewarts Bay Lodge. Stayed there recently and it is fantastic

Just the two of you = Cascades Colonial Accomodation (the deluxe spa cottage). Simply Perfect

Hope you enjoy x