+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Unhappy Distressing news stories - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS SECTION

Hi all....

I just want to post here to remind people that there are many of us who do not watch the news or read newspapers because we need to or choose to avoid distressing stories....

This past week we have seen 3 "dead baby" stories come through here...

While I think its fine for people to share this information if they feel it necessary but perhaps people could think about their titles a little... such as " possibly distressing news story ~ warning" and then people could choose to look or not.....

Just a though

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TwoBlue For This Useful Post:

Albert01 (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yeah that would be better than seeing all these threads with dead baby in the heading. it can be a sensitive topic for some people - especially if they have lost a child themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed! I'm pg and hormonal and haven't been able to watch the news for months coz it messes me up all night if I do
    Last edited by elissas; 19-10-2007 at 08:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie&Beth View Post
    it can be a sensitive topic for some people - especially if they have lost a child themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by elissas View Post
    I'm pg and hormonal and haven't been able to watch the news for 3 months coz it messes me up all night if I do
    Here are two extremelly good reasons why we need to think about our headings or avoid posting such distressing stories at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agreed

Just from my point of view, I don't really comprehend why the section is there at all (just me...), I don't seek out the news and try to avoid it here as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree too...

prideNJoy is offline October ~ Vaccine Injury Awareness Month
    Thanks
    Reviews
    TwoBlue, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night and was speaking to DF about it.

I know this will sound bad, but sometimes i prefer to have my head in the sand when it comes to 'distressing news stories' re; children/babies.

I find it really hard to deal with emotions that come up from listening/watchng news like this.

And think most times it's not really appropriate to be posting 'news' as such in a forum of this nature! JMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MumForOne View Post
    Agreed

Just from my point of view, I don't really comprehend why the section is there at all (just me...), I don't seek out the news and try to avoid it here as well.

I gotta say that I agree with you, I dont see why that section is there as the threads made are just depressing. And no real topic is actually discussed, the replys given are usually just < these

I wish they would put "WARNING" and not put the title in at all so we dont have to see it when we click on "new posts" and they are just there staring back at you.

I do realise that there are some topics in that section that are discussed, like politics and the election... but maybe the other depressing ones need to be cut down, even some of those stories aren't on the news for the reason that they would upset MANY viewers..

sorry for babbling on
    thought I'd just give my opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    and also it is a parenting forum and I don't think any of us want to hear disgusting and horrific news about babies and children, its just to sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBlue View Post
    Here are two extremelly good reasons why we need to think about our headings or avoid posting such distressing stories at all
    And those who have multiple miscarriages.

Poor taste for a parenting forum.