+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Toning Tuck Shop Arms

I really want to get rid of my tuck shop arms and have nice svelt toned arms by the time it gets really hot.

What kind of excercises can I do to tone them up? Any ideas anyone?

punkbaby is offline Got it back :D
    Winner 2007 –The most helpful member award & The member
    you’d most like to meet in real life award & The newbie of the year award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    i find as i am always lifting things my arms seem to be hmm say 80% toned they arent perfect but i am happy with them

When outside playing with the kids i will often take out my mini weights (even a shopping bag with a few tins in it works) and just lift them up for 20 mins or so a day. I have always done this, or if i go for a walk i will take them too and use them as well seems to keep them in shape

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the gym i do a pump class and we do an exercise that helps to tone the tricep. hold a weight in both your hands above your head and lower your arms backwards but bend at your elbows and try to get you hands to your neck. it kills but it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is a link you may find helpful. It includes pictures so you can understand what they're talking about. You'll have to work mainly on the tricep area which is where the 'tuck shop arm' (I call them wings! ) are. Ideally you should do a few bicep exercises as well, but you usually give them a workout when you lift anything anyway. The triceps are just supporting muscles to the biceps and need a little extra work to keep them from sagging so to speak. Hope you find it helpful! Most of these exercises you can to at home. You don't need a fit ball. Just a chair or the kitchen bench will do! I often do some dips while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil or something like that.....
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightl...mpletricep.htm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wish mine were better... but, meh!
    I'm just rolling around laughing at the term given to them... "tuck shop arms"!! Obviously a new one to me!!
    I prefer Kath and Kim's term.. how do I type it... "fodooberders"

Lastcenturymum is offline I'm on a break from modding (it wont last forever ... I'll be BACK!!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    tricep exercises are the best.

Heard em called 'bingo wings' too Heard another funny name, but can't recall it now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now that i have all this great advice, I better actually get off my badonkadonk butt and do the excercises!

I thought tuck shop arms was pretty well known....i like the bingo wings and fodooberders- Gotta love Kath and Kim!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollie86 View Post
    badonkadonk butt