+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What do you do to make yourself look and feel good?

Hey there

Reading the other thread atm about not feeling like you look as good as other women out there got me thinking about what I do to make myself feel good.

I don't think that being a Mum means that I have to look and feel daggy, I put alot of effort into making sure my baby looks and feels good, so why not myself!

So I thought we could all share a few tips so the people who don't feel quite up to scratch could do something nice for themselves, and we could all learn a few new tricks!

I colour my hair, I used to go to a salon but since we moved there isn't enough $ for that.

DH cuts in for me now, he's good too, he cuts everyones hair!

I just started getting my eyebrows waxed, very noice!

I got my eyelashes tinted too

I give myself a mani and pedi every once in a while, should probably do it more often but hey.

I spend quality time with my family.

That's me for now, anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also dye my own hair.Especially if I feel I need a bit of a lift. I wear mascara and eyeliner everyday and a little blush.I feel like I look healthier and more awake! I keep my nails and hands looking good and when I've got the odd spot I always use concealer so I'm not selfconcious about it. I just try to look as good as I can and being around my kids always makes me feel good.They light up my days . I feel so much better about myself when I exercise but have gotten seriously slack in that department so I should get to it again...next week...maybe!

Lastcenturymum is offline I'm on a break from modding (it wont last forever ... I'll be BACK!!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Exercise

Colour my hair (to cover the gray )

Use a nice body wash and exfoliating gel and fake tan on my legs till summer

Body brush before the shower

Wear some lippy and jewellery each day

And all for me!

(though I'm in my trakkies today as its cold!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing.

Since having children it doesn't matter what I do to try and make myself look or feel better nothing works so I just don't bother anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spend a decent amount of money on nice skincare and make sure i cleanse, tone adn moisturise every morning and night.

i walk ever second day

i cover my body with moisturiser after my shower

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put light make up every day, even to put a lippie, I already feel good.

I make sure I was my hair every second day and blow dry it.

I put nice clothes that suit my body shapes and even at home, dh think I still too dressed up

I do my own nails, mainly just make sure they're nice and trimmed, sometimes I put nail polish on, but most of the time, I do french nails with the kit from Chemist.

I try not to get grumpy too easily and smile often!

DivinelySophistimicated is offline Hrmmm....The beauty that lies within *a blessing*-my day will come soon
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I get my nails done evrey fortnight...I feel more feminine with nice long nails...

I go to a hair salon (every now and then)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi,

I find that exercising really helps alot and hit the gym about 3 times a week plus doing some at home with a DVD or today, it was the mopping.

Every 3-4 months I book in for a body wrap and facial at Julique which really is something to look forawrd to and I go with a friend to make it a "girly day".

I have just started using Palmer's Cocca Butter Bronze to add just that little more "glow" for a fake tan (I tan easily but there are some white patches that never see sunlight).

I tend to spent a bit on skin care, have my hairdresser come to the house for hair colouring and styling about every 8-10 weeks and also like to have long painted nails.

Make up always makes me feel so much better, a light foundation and a bit of lip gloss does wonders, even to the shops or grocery shopping as you never know where you may have to go at the last minute....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get my hair done regularly and have just booked in to get hair extensions!

I get my nails done every now and then (pregnancy makes them grow so I dont have acrylics atm)

I fake tan myself or get a spray tan

Buy a new outfit at least once a month

I make sure I wear make up everyday...makes me feels so much btter!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always wear nice clothes.

Always wear makeup.

I work out at the gym 3-5 days a week.

I always wear my hair nice, keep it healthy and dye it once in a while...