+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question not eating!

hi every one,
    just after a little bit of advice,
    I'm a little worried that georgia, 12months, isn't eating as much as she should be.
    She'll only eat a bit of fruit if that, for breakfast, a tub of yoghurt for lunch a a tiny bit of finger food for dinner eg: potato's, peas and half the time there's more of that on the floor than actually meeting her mouth. She is on toddler formula 2 bottles a day.
    I took her to the clinic to ask the nurses there but they seem to think that she is healthy and just a little underweight!
    How do i get her to eat more???

Has any one had any of these problems?
    We've also just moved could that cause her to be unsettled and result in her not wanting to eat??

Idea's any one

cheers neeshah

Funkychicken is offline I'm supposed to have a plan? Can't I just be proactive with pep?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The local health nurse is generally on the ball when it comes to babies/toddlers eating habits. If baby was too underweight, they would let you know. Did Georgia eat OK until recently? often babies slow down on eating when their growth slows down a bit. My first two children both stumbled a bit at around 12-14 mths. Deciding that they would only eat certain foods and quantities. As long as she is happy and well, there is probably no need to be concerned. If you feel her health isn't right, take her to your GP to have her checked over (even if just for peace of mind). The eating habits of children would have to be one of the most frustrating parts of parents lives-we simply have no control over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Neesha

I totally understand what you are going through, as would many parents! Every day is a struggle to get bub to eat more. She is 8 mths. I was seeing a midwife at the local chemist but she was making me more paranoid about bub being underweight so on Monday I went to the doctor and he put my mind at ease. A great CHN once said to us new mums at a meeting, that our job is to offer the food, it's bub's job to eat it. I try and remind myself of this when I start getting frustrated that Lucy won't eat very much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look I wouldn't be too concerned - they will eat when they are hungry.
    A friend of mine has a son who isn't big on food either. He would just eat fruit all day so she has completly changed his diet to make sure he is getting everything. For breakfast instead of cereal or fruit she gives him a boiled egg and toast cut into fingers. She leaves a plate of fruit out for him to snack on. Lunch is always some sort of meat as he won't eat it at night time. If he is hungry in the afternoon he gets yoghurt, cheese and crackers. Her son won't eat vegies that are mashed or boiled. She cuts everything into chip shape - well potato, sweet potato, pumpkin and bakes it. He thinks he is getting chips so he eats it.
    Since changing his diet he has been eating more. Turns out he doesn't really like sandwhiches or cereal and thats why he was always going for the fruit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for replying,
    it has been just recently that georgia has stopped eating, i've just put it down to being unsettled as a result of the move, she's also teething i suppose, i was just a little highly strung this morning when she didn't eat her breakfast and her sleeping habits have changed a fair bit as well, so i'm a little sleep deprived of late!
    But thank yoi for the chip idea! will have to try it
    cheers neesh