+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    alicesmum Guest
    yes, if I have another baby, I will try and do it drug-free again as I have heard enough stories about epi's to give me the heebee-geebees (sp?).

however, there was definitely a point in my labour where i really wanted to ask for one. unfortunately, by that point, i could hardly speak the contractions were coming so think and fast, and before I knew it, I was pushing and then there's no turning back!! usually by the time you want pain relief it's too late anyway (which sux at the time, but I think is a blessing in disguise!!!)

btw Narelle, do you know if it's a boy or girl??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel!
    We don't know if it's a boy or girl which makes it even more exciting and I really want to meet my baby now and find out so I was just reading the thread about bringing on labour and might try a few of the ideas.
    Hopefully I will be a mum by the end of the week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Narelle, just wanted to say im so excited for you, not long to go now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erin!
    Thanks! I'm excited too! If we have a boy we'll have a Cooper James too, I hope you don't mind!
    Talk to you again soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hey narelle

i aimed to have a natural drug free birth but as I learnt things dont always go to plan. I was in labour for two days before going to the hospital. i went in at 4am and was 5cm dilated and the midwife said i'd have a baby by 11am, well that wasn't to be. Jack did not want to come out and was quite happy to sit in there and wait. by lunchtime i was exhausted, pethidine was hopeless, made me fall asleep between contractions (bout 2/3minutes) then I'd have to get myself vertical as the next contraction hit.

by 4pm my contractions had stopped and thankfully, after hours of begging the midwives for an epi, the dr's came and checked on me. they immediately said she needs and epi and needs to be induced. i felt absolutely no needles, not even the local before the epi, nor did i feel the canula/iv drip for the inducement.

so wait and see, as long as the bub arrives safely, thats all that matters i reckon. good luck and enjoy the most amazing gift in the world.

amy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi firsttimemum!
    I'm still waiting and was just wondering how you're going?

alicesmum Guest
    Hi Narelle
    Any action yet??? If not, you must be about 5 days over yeh? If you don't reply, I will assume there's been some action!!! I hope it's all going well...!!!
    rachel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel!
    I'm still here!!! and getting bored!!!
    My sister's like what's the rush relax and enjoy the peace and quiet while you can, she has three kids
    Chat again soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! just to let you know...
    The end is in sight!
    I will be induced Monday morning if nothing has happened by then!
    The doc told me yesterday that I'm 2cm dilated so hubby was sure something was
    going to happen last night but nothing did! I'm used to that now!
    He is getting so excited now, me too!