+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    alicesmum Guest
    Hi Narelle
    Yes, I hope you have an amazing experience. Childbirth hwoever, is never painless, no matter which way you do it. Never ever ever ever and don't believe anyone who says it is. The best things in life never came easy though.

Just keep remembering that us chicks are a lot tougher and stronger than we think we are! Can't wait to hear your story.

Best wishes.........

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Hi everyone,
    Just read everyones stories and gee we are all good!!!! I had a natural labour with no drugs and waters breaking in a shopping centre but............Abi came really quickly and I did end up with a 3 degree tear and lots of stitches!!!!! I felt pressure but no pain and if I felt anything I was topped up and I was sucking really hard on the gas as I wasn't relaxing at all.
    I am now 7wks on and I feel great and have healed really well, my only advice is to go and buy yourself a sauce bottle and use it when you go to the toilet!!! That's the best advice I recieved also if you end up having contractions just ride them out, my mums advice.
    Good luck chicks birth is a experience that I am glad I had.

KT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default dont be worried

Hi There

My first was born without and Epidural so i also cant help you there but i was stitched and also suffered a large bleed and had to be fiddled with quite a bit after the stitching.

The actual stitches i felt a bit but you are so numb down there and also usually holding your newborn so its not really a problem. You have to realise that when you break a leg or have a large cut needing stitches or have a blood test etc etc .. there is no rewards. When you are in labour there is a huge reward ! and that will be all that is on your mind. Dont worry about the Epi until you are in there. I was so paranoid about having an Epi but when i had been in labour for a few hours i was begging for it ! Turns out i was 8 cm dilated and it was too late but now 1 year on i am pregnant again so obviously i have forgotten all that

My other piece of advise is dont read books, they just tell you all the "standard" things, each persons birth experience is individual. Enjoy it, it is a wonderful miracle, feel in control and in charge of your own body and dont do anything you dont want to do.

Good luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Thanks for the advice!
    My husband has said I read too much which is unusual for me because I don't normally like reading that much, but I guess you just want to try and understand what's happening to you and what stage you're at etc.
    I was telling my sister how one of my fears is pooing and then she reminded me that my nephew was almost born in the toilet which wouldn't have been the nicest welcome to the world! Luckily the midwives rushed in and managed to move her forward and catch him.
    I know whatever my experience it'll be worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Narelle

Everytime I read a thread of yours you make me laugh Cause we seem to have the same fears!!! I hope your birth goes well. Best of luck and keep us updated! Two days to go!!!

alicesmum Guest
    Hi Narelle
    Like you, I read absolutely EVERYTHING i could get my hands on. Every book, website, birth story. I know birth exp's are all individual but I reckoned that knowledge is power and so armed myself with information. I think it made me less stressed during labour because I knew (to some extent) what was normal and what wasn't.
    Can't wait to read your story!
    Remember to, as Madonna said, express yourself (as loud as you want.......as a labouring woman, it's your right!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    The funny thing is my birth story will probably be nothing like anything I've been saying. For example I have thought there is no way I'm doing that when watching the video on labour at antenatal class where the woman looks like she has an invisable hula hoop going round and round or when I've read stories that some women moo like cows or sing during labour, so it will be interesting to see what I actually do especially if I have drugs in the system.
    Guess you will just have to wait and see!
    Hopefully not too long!

alicesmum Guest
    hi narelle
    that's true. u never konw what you'll be like. but the yoga pregnancy teachers say sound it wonderful as a natural pain mgt technique as it reverberates through your body, so use it if u feel comfortable. i thought it was the best thing - without it i would have definitely screamed for some drugs.

you said ..."it will be interesting to see what I actually do especially if I have drugs in the system" - well, if it's an epi, you prob won't be doing much as you'll be unable to move much (i.e. prob confined 2 bed so i've heard). not sure about pethadine, but i think it makes some women drousy, so again, you may not be doing so much. don't automatically assume you'll need it. just wait and see. if you do, ask. we're lucky it's an option. if not, then the upside is you'll be more active and in control. whatever - you're story will be unique! can't wait to read it (tho don't be in a hurry. we can wait a few weeks til u recover if need be!! hehe

tomorrow's your due date then hey???? most women go about 5 days over for first births, so may be another day or 2 yet. all the very best...rachel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel!
    Thanks for the tips! I've read some women hallucinate with pethadine and even the gas can make you a little happy. I'm a bit wary of pethadine as I've never had any strong drugs and would be afraid of having a funny reaction, my hubby's had a few operations and I've seen what he was like so I'd like to go drug free if I can handle it.
    Thanks for the well wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey! i had the same fears as i usually pass out when i get a blood test, but to b totally honest while i was in labour with my 1sti asked for the epi and i didnt feel a thing when they did it, as my contractions were so strong. With my latest addition (now nearly 3 weeks ) it took the doctor like 4 attempts to get it in and then it only numbed my arms :-S I would really think about getting it done again as i was in sooooo much pain after i gave birth and had a black bruise on my back, sorry to b only bad news but thought i would share , just to let u know . good luck and let us know when the bubby comes