+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default table decorations???

ok smart people ..

give me ideas!!!

I have to organise the school graduation dinner (VERY SOON!!! ) and I want to avoid flowers on the table .. BOOORRING ..

this is a special school graduation - so not tooooo many graduates, but we still need to make it special ..

give me standard ideas, different ideas, silly ideas,.. GIVE ME IDEAS!! (theme is just the three colours, navy/ maroon and silver - but that doesn't HAVE to match, as everything else will)

xx
    JEn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Christmas tree baubles in the colours around some candles? Or just lots of candles in little holders.

How about framed pictures of the students that could be a focus for conversation at the time and they can take away later as a keepsake?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Here is what I had for my table settings for my wedding.......

On a banana leaf I had a white platter (or white dish) filled with white stones. I had insense sticks in groups of three stuck in the corner of the platter and lit. Frangipanis and oriental lillies scattered over the rocks and lime, (yes LIME as in lemons and limes), wedges.

It was soo cheap. I snavelled the banana leaves from a plant on the side of the road. Platters I got from the REJECT shop. Stones from the landscape garden and oriental flowers from a flower wholesaler. Frangipanis I got from our own backyard. Limes from the greengrocer. Insense....got them from Crazy Clarks (a cheap $2 shop)Super cheap and uber cool.

I will try and find a picture. Unfortunatley I got married before EVERYONE had digitals so it is only a photo on hard copy but I will go searching.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Helium balloons in those 3 colours with a ribbon and a weight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Are floating candles too much of an unsafe idea for your event? they're always nice.

MAYBE you could get a photo of each of them sitting at that table and tie a balloon to each?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like the idea of photos as place cards - you could put their names on there too, graduation year etc. You can get cheap packs of simple frames from Ikea.

I love balloons They are so festive. So long as the string thingys are long enough, they create height for the table decorations without getting in the way of conversation and being able to see the person across from you - plus the kids will all love to take them home at the end of the evening so you won't be stuck with 10 vases full of sand or something.

Table scatters also look pretty - you could try something edible if your kids are going to eat them. Fruit loops or something we could sit down with a box and pick out all the blue and red ones...

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like the balloons idea very much!

I'm not too creative about things like this. For our wedding, we scattered the tables with little glittery things in two colours, and little individually wrapped chocolate hearts in the same two colours. It was pretty...and the choc was yummy to pick at after dinner. Bit messy with the glittery bits though, but hey...we didn't have to vacuum! hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beany View Post
    How about framed pictures of the students that could be a focus for conversation at the time and they can take away later as a keepsake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekrit View Post
    MAYBE you could get a photo of each of them sitting at that table and tie a balloon to each?
    I like these ideas

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    thank you for the lovely ideas ladies

keep them coming!!

xx
    JEn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a booorring florist but here are a couple of non floral things I've seen -

Fish in martini vases (or any vase or fish bowls). You could even find them in your colours, and put some blue or red glass pebbles in the bottom.

or

There's this stuff called gro-crystals which is sort of like a jelly. It goes into vases or glasses and you can dye it your school colours. Try it out before the day as there's different ways of mixing it to get different effects from the colour and bubbles. It looks really cool with a few candles around the base to light it up. You can buy gro-crystals from florist sundries suppliers, or google it to find their website. Don't worry, you don't need to use flowers. It looks great on it's own.