+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Caesarean Scar

Morning ,

I had my DD just over 5 months ago and my c section scar doesn't seem to be improving, it is still a thick very red line that is definately noticeable.

Can anyone recommend creams/potions that could help heal the scar and take the redness away?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Vitamin E oil if you cant find the oil in the shops you can cut the vit E capsuls and rub that on.

Dr Palmers makes a scar serum i dont know how that works as i cant stand the smell

I used Vitamin E cream on mine but it was never that red and raised. My scar from my first DD 3 years ago you cant see now really just a white line that looks a bit shiny. My one from DD 3 mths ago is still quiet red and a bit raised but i havent been putting anything on it this time as its alot further down (about 3cms lower)

Good luck hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bio Oil or Rose Hip Oil from the health food shop. I think chemist stock Bio oil now as well

ETA: Remember it has been only 5 months. My DD is nealry 2.5 and mine has faded to nothing. Early on it was a red, angry little scar. So don't lose hope.

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hi, i had my c/s about 6mths ago and mine is still thick and red. There's product called bio oil and i am thinking about trying. Its supposed to work. You can buy it in chemists and priceline

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my c/s 14 months ago, and it still raised and dark purple colour, don't know if it something to do with my skin tone ( as I'm asian). I can't see it now only because it's covered by my pregnant belly..Lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used vitamin E cream on mine. Massaged it in gently in a circular motion each night after showering for a few weeks after my son was born.

He's now 2 and my scar has faded away to a white/silvery line.

Hope this helps.