+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What did you/do you miss out on being pregnant?!

It took us a long, long while to fall PG with my little cherub, and while I adored every second of being pregnant, there were of course a few things I missed! Everyone join in & get it off your chest here!
    • WINE!
    • Being able to roll over comfortably in bed
    • Diet Coke
    • Spicy food (although I did indulge occassionally!)
    • Raw seafood (ie: oysters!)
    • Smoked food - like double smoked leg ham.... mmmmmm.......!
    • being able to walk up a small incline without looking & feeling like I'd run a marathon!
    • lying on my back/tummy
    • not having stretch marks!
    • my ankles.....
    • having a neat bikini line!
    • being able to remember things that happened more than 12 seconds ago
    • not having my breasts rest on top of my stomach
    • only visiting the toilet 5 or 6 times a day instead of 49

And for anyone who has passed the pregnancy stage (or even better, for those who are feeling like this pregnancy thing is never going to end!) be sure to check out my other thread: Things you miss about being pregnant
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...175#post176175
    Last edited by MrsMiggins; 17-02-2006 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Things I missed while I was pg...

Coffee - I drank way too much before I was pg - it was a good thing to make me cut down.
    Spur of the moment drinking games
    Being able to see my bikini line
    Definitely lying on my tummy - I sleep like that every night and it was so hard not to try and roll over - to no avail of course!
    Playing pool - once I got to a certain belly size I lost my centre of gravity and didn't get used to the change until I was nearly 9 months then whammo back to unbalanced again - does nothing for a pool game!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oops posted mine in the wrong thread! Was meant to post my answer in the Parenting Issue Forum! Can I blame pregnancy brain still? Or not enough sleep? Is 4:05am here in WA and I CAN NOT sleep tonight . Been up ALL night! Talk about being an insominac!
    Anyways,
    What did I miss out on being pregnant?
    Um.. My daily fix of Coke defiently, but now not being pregnant I can't stand the stuff and my friends really, i'm sure they thought that being pregnant was contagious and they were going to catch it! Now they can't keep away from my DS. I didn't miss out on too much, hardley EVER drink and me and DP are bit of home bodies.
    Last edited by Melo; 18-02-2006 at 06:03.

Mamaduke is offline Jacob Louis has arrived!
    Winner 2007 – The ‘Tell It Like It Is’ Straight Shooter Award
    & The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Missing out on the Pink concert...waaaay too big to stand with a bunch of 'teenyboppers' at a gig!!! Really wanted to go though...
    Other than that, nothing really...

Thanks
    Reviews
    SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM.... wow I didnt know I liked it that much until I couldnt have it. Oh and Red Bull.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neaby
    How come U didnt drink diet coke?
    Caffiene & artificial sweeteners. I really missed those labratory created marvels!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! Whaddya know?! You learn something new every day!

Is it just Coca~Cola brand? Don't most of them use the same one - Nutrasweet, I think it is?

Anyway, I have to admit, I did sneak the occasional Diet Coke, but I did try to cut right back, which was probably a good thing regardless!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I have been drinking diet coke!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmmmm, well I don't think there was much for me to miss while I was preggers!

I never drink anything alcoholic or carbonated and hate coffee
    I don't eat soft cheeses or seafood or anything like that
    I had no trouble shaving at all, nurses were impressed they didn't need to prep the area! before the c/section (can't stand stubble, I shave daily)
    The only big stretchmarks I got were a result of the c/section
    I exercised every day through the pregnancy so had no trouble walking or doing daily stuff like that

At first I missed medium-rare steak, but got over it real quick

hmmmm, no, didn't really miss much at all!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i just do almost everything i did b4 pregnancy, there's not much i've had to change!

but, there have been a few work parties i haven't gone to & they're organising to go gocarting soon, which i can't do

i have gone off sugar whilst pregnant - this is a good thing, but i wish i could eat lollies & chocolate!! i buy it, but then can't eat it 'coz it makes me feel sick! i also went off coffee!

i have been craving alcohol, tho - which i never really had b4 i was pregnant! but that's prolly outta being depressed (marriage breakup) more than anything...

i do also TRY to sleep on my side, but i always wake up on my back! in fact most of the time i can't sleep unless i'm on my back! & i lie on my stomach in bed to read. my doc. said there's no problem with this as bubby will let me know (through kicks) if she's uncomfortable, & if it's doing me damage, i'll feel the pain... i just hope she's right about it... i don't wanna hurt bubby!