+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you think is the best weight loss option

Iam currently looking at all the weight loss options ie diets and i am unsure which would be the best one

What are you on and is it working and what dos it consist of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i have lost all my baby weight 30kg by doing Weight Watchers it was the only diet I could stick to and it worked for me!!! I have a weightloss journal if you wanna have a peep!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done Tony Ferguson with success in the past. I just lack the will power now a days. I am thinking of joining the gym, go in at least 3 times a week for 45 minites and jump on the bikes/crosst trainer. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good ol' fashioned calorie counting and exercise

I joined a (free) website called Calorie King and lost 23kg... would have lost a little more except I got pregnant.

You work out how many calories you need a day and there is a food database and diary where you record your meals and it keeps track of your calorie intake, along with fat/fibre/carbs/protein, etc.

It's all about simple maths, no gimmicks or points or anything like that. Before that I had tried all the 'diets' known to mankind and never managed to 'stay on the wagon'.

Calorie counting isn't a diet. Its learning about health, nutrition, and energy in vs energy out. Its maintainable long term. It also helps you factor in whatever 'treats' you like, along with a regular, healthy, balanced diet

kittykatz is offline Getting closer and closer to my BFP!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Here are some things that have helped me lose 17kgs so far, and trust me if I can do it anybody can, i have always been big despite coming from a very healthy upbringing.

1. Always eat breakfast. Even if it is just a banana and a glass of skim milk

2. EXERCISE - i believe it is the main reason i've lost weight. Even in small amounts has helped me. I usually walk every morning (get some dogs, they'll motivate you!) then when i come home from work i'll do a pilates or aerobics dvd. Winsor Pilates is awesome - i cannot express how quickly it starts toning you. For me once i've exercised a couple of days in a row, i feel really happy (when usually i am prone to depression) and then i actually CRAVE exercise.

3. Try Xenical. It is expensive but it stops you from absorbing 2/3 of the fat you consume in a meal. Alternatively try Blackmores Weightloss Accelerate if carbs are more of your enemy. You can do them both together, but it is tricky spacing them out so they don't counteract each other

4. Snack!! Eat small meals regularly, keep your metabolism going.

5. Fish oil capsules are very good for weight loss, and anxiety/depression - don't be scared because they are "oil"

6. Lots of water

7. ADMIT to your friends and family that you are attempting weight loss - it is very hard to admit (it was for me) but their support is really helpful, and it really keeps you motivated. If they are good friends they will comment on your weight loss, and they will notice it more than you will.

8. If you are not TTC or have high blood pressure, don't be ashamed of something like Reductil/Duromine to kick start your weight loss.

9. Don't EVER think of it as dieting that just tells you that you are restricting (and no one likes having restrictions placed on them). Think of food as a fuel for your body. I try not to focus TOO much on what not to have, instead on what i should have. Like when i buy lunch at work, i don't look at the junk and think "its not fair, i cant have that", instead i think, well I'll get the fish cause then i can have heaps of veges with it and that will help with TTC.

10. Consider acupuncture, chinese herbs.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit. I still have a long way to go, and i am definately NO SAINT, but these are just things that have helped me so far!! Sorry, for

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just starting out on another attempt at weight loss, I'm going back to the Symply Too Good diet - DH and I lost about 20kgs collectively on it last year before putting it all back on... this time we're going to keep it off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    For the long-term, I think you need something sustainable that doesn't restrict you too much, but just focuses on healthy choices.

For me, Lite n Easy was very easy because it was basically just lots of healthy food with a controlled amount of daily calories... but it was super easy because I didn't have to make much, and I didn't get the chance to stand at the fridge thinking, "Hmmm... what will I eat?" and then just choosing something fattening. Instead, I just grabbed the appropriate bag of food for that day and ate it... it was very easy. I lost 10kg in 6 weeks, and that;s without ANY exercise at all.

If you have more control than me, I think calorie counting is a good choice too. I did that for a short while, and it worked well while I stuck to it... but I have pathetic motivation and got lazy after a while...

They're both great because, if you want, you can still eat rubbish foods... and it won't destory your diet (like it can with fad diets).

Lastcenturymum is offline I'm on a break from modding (it wont last forever ... I'll be BACK!!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyCharacter View Post
    Good ol' fashioned calorie counting and exercise

I joined a (free) website called Calorie King and lost 23kg... would have lost a little more except I got pregnant.

You work out how many calories you need a day and there is a food database and diary where you record your meals and it keeps track of your calorie intake, along with fat/fibre/carbs/protein, etc.

It's all about simple maths, no gimmicks or points or anything like that. Before that I had tried all the 'diets' known to mankind and never managed to 'stay on the wagon'.

Calorie counting isn't a diet. Its learning about health, nutrition, and energy in vs energy out. Its maintainable long term. It also helps you factor in whatever 'treats' you like, along with a regular, healthy, balanced diet

EXACTLY!!

Its all about calories in/vs calories spent. I used caloriesperhour site to calculate mine and your daily calories varies on your size age height etc and whether you are active that day or not. Once its worked out its fantastic and as said, its not a diet, its eating properly. I lost 8kgs over about 4-5 months (a sensible amount to lose in a sensible time) and I have kept it off now for 8 months.

If something is called a 'diet' I always ask: so what happens when you 'stop dieting' ? and if it promises great losses I am very skeptical

Even cutting out the cakes, pastries, ice-creams desserts and sauces makes a big difference to start with. Lots of fruit, vegies, protein and a bit of grains.

Dont Diet - eat healthy and sensibly and exercise daily

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do Lite N Easy and find it fantastic - have lost nearly 9kg so far- takes all the pressure out of worrying about what I am gonna cook etc....If you can afford something like that perfect - some people thing it is too expensive but it only works out at $18 a day for the 7 day 1200 calorie plan.
    And....HEAPS of water and exercise....thats the hard way but results will be longer and better!
    Last edited by talia11; 28-09-2007 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Weight watchers is the best. Its not really a diet, its just eating healthy. I follow the weekly plan they give out, and the recipes are delicious You can do it while breastfeeding too, you just get more points. And it really works.