+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Your Opinions Needed

Hiya All You Mum Out There
    I'm mum to a 6th month bundle of energy called Lachie. After seeing that there isnt much out there catering for new parents my husband and I are planning on opening a B&B on the central coast, that is specially set up to cater for parents with children under 2. Would love to hear what you guys think of that. Would you go to a B&B like that? Would you go away for a night with your girlfriends with your babies during the week? We are planning on offering babysitting and childminding. All comments and suggestions welcome ... cheers, babylonanna

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hi and welcome to bubhub I love B&B's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    b&b are great... sounds like a great idea to have one where you can go with your friends with babies... sounds much nicer than a camping trip...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's a bit too far away from me but I think it's a pretty good idea.

Would it cater for couples as well ? That would be the best bet for us - if we could go away, be with bubs all day but maybe pop out for dinner after he was in bed.

By the way, welcome to Bubhub !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it is a great idea!!! I would definetly go to a place like that
    and Im only a few hrs away from the central coast, even better!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Big Thumbs Up

Sounds fantastic,keep us updated on the plans....i would definately go there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you were to offer overnight babysitting and market it to the correct niche I think you could have a winner on your hands as there a many a couple out there with children who would love to have a romantic or restful weekend away together but don't wish to, or don't have the option to leave the child/ren with relatives/friends/family.

Sounds like a winner as you'll have appeal to the above niche as well as the normal B&B crowd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    as well as having babysitters etc, would you also make it geared towards people who want a weekend away but want to keep their children with them? I personally would not leave my small children with someone i didnt know, but a B&B where my littlies are welcome and there are facilities and stuff for them to do, would be awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its a great idea.

One of the things that prevents us going away is the impact on others if the little man is stuggling to sleep. A place that's geared towards families, in particular littlies would take so much pressure off.

We have also found carrying all the various accoutrements a hassle so if you guys had things like steriliser, microwave, basic cooking utensils, sink accessible etc it wld be fabulous (unfortunately little man is not keen on packaged food - uuggh).

Dead keen to hear more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Talking Cool idea - need staff??????

Thinking outside the box how about an small daycare type facility that caters to children while mums and dads go do daytrips like abseiling, or white water rafting, wine tasting, u could approach local business, and only have it available at very specific times to fit in with companies routines, the companies would then pay u comission on the bookings and u could lease the daycare side of it to reduce liability????? Although I suppose your liabiliy would already be high so it probably wouldn't matter, would only need one staff member if u keep numbers low - and keep it high quality, then u can charge alot - am assuming u are catering to those with disposable income anyway, (woulonly need to have it open maybe only 3 times a week for 3-4 hrs at a time!!!) Then that person could also run your babysitting and childminding service, then u can boast continuity of care????
    BBQ areas where people can cook themselves, Chickens, lambs, a goat, milking cows.
    Better sound proof the place well!!!!
    Suppose it depends on the area u will be doing it in as to what the people will go there for. Perhaps bring local companies to u, if it's a wine tasing area have the winery come to u and your guests once a week for a per head price, have movie nights for older kids so adults can relax and kids are entertained, have a magician - often they can be really cheap and just charge it out to the guests as an extra?????
    Wow I like this idea - Am a qualified early childhood teacher, have been a director for a couple of years and a nanny for years as well - if u need staff, or someone to run part of it eventually p.m. me, Am married, baby due in june, low the central coast!!!!