+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby car seats - retractor or recliner?

Hi,

I'm a soon to be first time mum and am in the process of purchasing a car seat. I'm faced with deciding between the automatic strap adjustment version (think is called retractor) or the manually adjusted strap version (think is recliner).

Does anyone have any input as to whether one is better or a preference for one over the other?

It's all new to me and i'd like to make the best choice.

Thanks,

Bernadette

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bernadette,

I'm not sure exactly what type of carseat you are talking about here. For my first and third babies I hired a baby capsule from the Ambulance service. These have to be manually adjusted. For my second child I bought a birth to 18kg carseat and this also was manually adjusted. I wasn't aware of any that automatically retract, and in any case I would prefer to check myself that the seatbelt is done up correctly, not too loose or tight.

Michelle.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to michelle For This Useful Post:

CLEO26 (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gemma

Hi Bernadette,

I agree with Michelle, I would rather do it myself. I used a safe'n'sound birth to 18kg car seat from baby co. I have had no problems with it and would recommend it to any new mum. I think I know the automatic seat you are talking about, and if i remember correctly it was more expensive than the other. Save your money it takes two seconds to adjust them manually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I have the Safe-n-Sound Royale baby seat that has a manual adjuster as well and a retractor. bought it at Baby Co and it works gr8. It is incredibly comfortable - wish I could sleep in it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Car seat

Hi,
    We bought a Baby Love car seat (manual adjst) and it has been a great success. Have the ambulance install it for the first time as it goes in backwards and is a little confusing (service is free). It is supposed to last until bub is 4 yrs old.

Sue