+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone had there bub @ logan hospitaL!

Just wondering if anyone else has had a baby at the logan hospital and what they thought of it!
    i had my 3rd baby there and i was a bit weary about going there as my eldest 2 were born at the beaudesert hospital and they were the best i couldnt havd had better care!
    but unfortunately the maternity ward shut down so i had to have ny 3 rd bub at logan only because it was the closest and well my aunt had all her 2 boys there and we were pg at the same time and she was going back there so i thought it didnt seem to bad ! all the info she was given me on it !
    but i must say i did feel a little alone there and i didnt really get to comfy there!

if i have a 4th im not sure if ill go there again !
    maybe the mater or redlands ive heard about the roral womens is good as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had both my boys at the Logan, and am booked in again for this one.
    I could have gone private if I wanted, but there did not seem to be a point.
    I found that Logan was great. The midwives were wonderful.
    It is a public hospital - so if you expect good meals and private rooms, then you are not going to be happy. I was in wards with other mums who wanted to share things - we had a great time and made it a wonderful experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had both my kids there and i found the midwives to be really friendly during the birth but the care after the birth wasnt so good. i think you will find good and bad wherever you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had early bleeding and went to the emergency at the Logan.......it was horrible. In saying that that section is completely different to the maternity ward. I've heard good and bad stories from the Logan, like any hospital I guess. But due to my experience there, and that of some friends, I didn't want to return.
    I live in the northern end of Beaudesert Shire and had my DS and will have this one at the Mater. It isn't that far from here and I found it great.
    Your choice, but I think you will find good and bad in every hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried to get into the mater public (not private) and they would not accept me as I don't live close to the area and as they are so busy they have had to start like a zone thing. I even had my other 2 children there but that made no difference. So I am off to the Logan any day now so will let you know how I go. I to am a bit weary but a few of my close friends have had no hassles. Plus I was only in hospital for a few hours after my first, so hopefully not hanging around. I would rather be home any day then in a hospital regardless of which hospital it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi there Di,
    Just wondering how far you are from the mater? Are you near Jimboomba? Maybe I got in because I had my DS there.....or that I see a dr at Mt Gravatt...
    Good luck for the birth, I'm sure it will be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there,

I had Samara at the Logan public. I didnt have a problem with it there. The midwives were great and helpfull. I would go back to the Logan again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what public hospital is like but unfortunately i didnt have a group of mums in there that were very sociable !

as there were only 2 other mums 1 she had the screens shut the whole time and was forever aguing with the babies father about names and he was treating her lkie c**p!
    and the other lady she had her baby that nite and got out the next arvo so we didnt really have much of a chat!

im just curious thats all on the different hospitals around!
    Last edited by Bron; 17-02-2006 at 00:23. Reason: Language

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there,

i had both my babies there, in 2003 when i had my son i had to stay in for 2 days due to my blood pressure rising, after 2 days i discharged myself after docs not wanting me to go, but because bubby wouldn't settle due to other babies crying i'd had enough after not having any sleep for two days. but the midwives and nurses were Great. couldn't fault them. After i had my daughter there 5 months ago i was home five hours after her birth so i didn't go to a ward. but once again midwives were great.

would definitely not ever go there for emergencies tho.

mel:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a great experience at Logan Hosptial, we found everyone fantastic and I received a lot of support with my choice to bottle feed. The nurses were also great when hubby came to visit he often didn't arrive till 5 minutes before visiting finished, because of the shifts he was working, and they were happy for him to stay pretty much as late as he wanted.
    Though having said that my girlfriend who had a bub there six months later had the opposite. She had a complicated delivery ending in an emergancy c-section and didn't receive much support afterwards. She also got a lot of grief when she decided she wanted to change from breast to bottle feeding.
    Good luck!
    Sarie