+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gestational Surrogacy

Hi,

My name is Kerry and I live in Adelaide. My husband and I have been trying for a child for 9 years with no success, I suffer severely from PCOS and have spent all of this time on IVF and other fertility treatments. My cousin offered to carry a child for us about 3 years ago now so we looked into a gestational surrogacy arrangement which is where she carries our embryo and fullfills our lifelong dream to become parents. After extensive legal, social, physcological and medical investigations into my husband and I and her and her husband and 2 children we were given permission from the ACT ethics committee to commence into a surrogacy agreement. I can proudly say that after all the heartache of the past 9 years my cousin delivered to us a beautiful healthy baby boy!!

I believe that she is just the most amazing woman and I could go on for hours what it is that she has done by giving us this very precious gift but I am now just so overwhelmed that she has offered to do it again. we go for our embryo transfer on March the 7th in Canberra and we are all just so excited that we are going to have another baby a little brother or sister for our little boy Ethan.

I would like to just be able to have people to talk to who have maybe done this also or simply who would just like to chat about it.
    Last edited by Kezz; 11-02-2006 at 21:57.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow! What a fabulous gift for you and your partner! It is so wonderful to hear lovely stories like this Congratulations on your baby boy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    what a great women, i dont think i could ever do it. feeling it grow and bonding then giving birth. she must be a very unselfish individual. im glad that it worked out for you all. congratulations and good luck for the future.

Funkychicken is offline I'm supposed to have a plan? Can't I just be proactive with pep?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congratulations on you baby boy! Truly the gift of life is the most amazing and precious gift of all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Congratulations!! What a wonderful gift you have been given!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow thats wonderful

I think i could do it for some one, well i like to think i could if ever the situation arose.

Good luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default just wondering

Just wondering - did you have to adopt your own biological child? Or is your name the one on the birth certificate? Asking because my sister has chronic endometriosis and almost died with complications having her son - she has asked whether I would consider carrying a child for her. I dont want my name on a birth certificate and then on adoption papers as a birth mother if the baby isn't my child.. along with a lot more less trivial reasons...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Birth certificate Issues

When our son was born my cousin filled in the paperwork for the birth as my husband being the father not her husband. They can't dispute this as he is the biological father, therefore she gave sole custody of our son to my husband and he is his father and I am his legal guardian ( on paperwork) my cousin has forfeited all parenting rights to my husband. But you are correct in saying that I (biological mother & MUM) am not on his birth certificate because I did not give birth to him we are currently putting through a private members bill to parliament to have the law changed in regards to this so as all states will follow the A.C.T laws where the biological parents are on the birth certificate together in the instance of surrogacy but we have a long hard fight on our hands. at the end of the day everybody knows who the real parents are and that is all that matters, as long as one of you are on the birth certificate you dont have any problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations on your son, and your soon to be bubs
    what a wonderful, selfless thing your cousin has done for you, and to be willing to do it twice, is just awesome, what a lovely soul she must be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is such an awesome thing your cousin has done... dont think you would find many people like her!! Congrats on your soon to be bub too!!